Flamel Technologies (FLML) Announces U.S. Launch of Akovaz
- World stocks hold near 16-month highs after strong week
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Oil edges higher on optimism over non-OPEC output cuts
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Sibanye Gold (SBGL) to Acquire Stillwater Mining Company (SWC) in $2.2B Deal
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Flamel Technologies (NASDAQ: FLML) announced the launch of Akovaz™, its formulation of ephedrine sulfate for injection, which received approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on April 29, 2016. Ephedrine sulfate (50 mg/mL) is a drug administered parenterally as a pressor agent to address clinically important hypotension in surgical settings.
"I am pleased to announce the launch of Akovaz, the first version of ephedrine sulfate to be approved by the FDA. The market size of ephedrine sulfate is the largest yet from our portfolio of previously unapproved products. In total, we estimate the market volume to be somewhere in the range of seven million vials per year when factoring in sales to repackaging companies. There is currently one unapproved manufacturer of ephedrine sulfate with whom we expect to share the market," said Mike Anderson, Flamel's Chief Executive Officer.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Radius Health (RDUS) Announces Positive Data from Two RAD1901 Phase 1s in SERD
- USA Compression Partners (USAC) Prices $73.1M Common Units Offering
- Burlington Stores (BURL) Director Cooper Resigns
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!