Flamel Technologies (FLML) Announces U.S. Launch of Akovaz
- Wall Street falls as bank, healthcare shares weigh
- Qualcomm (QCOM) Faces U.S. Antitrust Case Over Licensing - Bloomberg
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Verizon Communications (VZ) May Acquire Big Cable Company - NYP (CHTR) (CMCSA)
- Citron Research Negative on Lannett (LCI); Sees Shares at 'Zero' Over Long Term
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Flamel Technologies (NASDAQ: FLML) announced the launch of Akovaz™, its formulation of ephedrine sulfate for injection, which received approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on April 29, 2016. Ephedrine sulfate (50 mg/mL) is a drug administered parenterally as a pressor agent to address clinically important hypotension in surgical settings.
"I am pleased to announce the launch of Akovaz, the first version of ephedrine sulfate to be approved by the FDA. The market size of ephedrine sulfate is the largest yet from our portfolio of previously unapproved products. In total, we estimate the market volume to be somewhere in the range of seven million vials per year when factoring in sales to repackaging companies. There is currently one unapproved manufacturer of ephedrine sulfate with whom we expect to share the market," said Mike Anderson, Flamel's Chief Executive Officer.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Forward Pharma (FWP) Confirms Settlement and License Agreement with Biogen (BIIB)
- Protagonist Therapeutics (PTGX) Initiates Phase 2b Study of PTG-100 in Ulcerative
- EPAM Systems (EPAM), UBS Sign Strategic Multi-Year Agreement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!