Fitbit (FIT) Announces Favorable ITC Determination; Company Did Not Misappropriate Jawbone Trade Secrets
- Wall St. touches two-week high on deals, strong earnings
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/24: (UNIS) (MBVT) (ACCO) Higher; (TDW) (INO) (BCC) Lower
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Fitbit, Inc. (NYSE: FIT) today announced that the International Trade Commission (“ITC” or “the Commission”) issued an initial determination in favor of Fitbit in ITC Investigation No. 337-TA-963 brought by Jawbone. The Administrative Law Judge who presided over the merits hearing concluded that Fitbit did not misappropriate any Jawbone trade secrets. This determination followed earlier decisions that eliminated from this investigation all six of the Jawbone patents asserted against Fitbit.
“We are pleased with the ITC’s initial determination rejecting Jawbone’s trade secret claims,” said James Park, CEO and Co-Founder of Fitbit. “We greatly appreciate the ALJ’s time and diligent work on this case. From the outset of this litigation, we have maintained that Jawbone’s allegations were utterly without merit and nothing more than a desperate attempt by Jawbone to disrupt Fitbit’s momentum to compensate for their own lack of success in the market. Our customers can be assured that we remain fully committed to creating innovative products that consumers love, and that we are excited about the pipeline of new products coming out this year.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Basic Energy Services (BAS) to File for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy; Enters RSA with Certain Lenders, Noteholders
- DragonWave's (DRWI) Harmony Radio, Hub 800 Products Selected by Leading Australian Telecom
- Peregrine Pharma (PPHM) Announces Presentation of Strong Data on PS-Targeting Antibodies Similar to Bavituximab in anti-PD-L1 Therapy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!