First Solar (FSLR) Enters PPA with MCE for Little Bear Solar Project
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
First Solar, Inc. (Nasdaq: FSLR) and MCE today announced that MCE has entered into a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) for electricity generated from 40MWAC of First Solar’s Little Bear Solar Project in Fresno County, CA. The project, designed to be built out eventually to 160MWAC, is anticipated to begin construction in 2019, with commissioning expected in 2020.
A leading community choice aggregator (CCA) in California, MCE offers their customers the benefits of locally controlled, competitively priced renewable energy options. The Little Bear PPA is First Solar’s first with a CCA.
“MCE is at the forefront of community-based power, a trend that is growing not only in California but across the United States,” said Brian Kunz, First Solar’s Vice President of Project Development. “We are excited to partner with an early leader in this important energy segment, and we look forward to expanding the relationship as MCE’s customer base grows.”
“MCE is dedicated to getting more renewable energy on the grid in California, and providing climate-friendly energy choices for customers,” said Dawn Weisz, CEO of MCE. “By empowering communities and customers with green energy choices like Light Green 50% renewable and Deep Green 100% renewable, MCE is able to stimulate build-out of California solar projects, providing a competitive new marketplace for enterprising energy suppliers like First Solar.”
In the agreement, MCE will initially purchase electricity from Little Bear’s 40MWAC first phase, with an option to expand up to the project’s full 160MWAC as their load increases through potential expansion. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Summit Hotel Properties (INN) Appoints Daniel Hansen as Chairman of the Board
- Global Blood Therapeutics (GBT) Says First Patient Enrolled in Phase 3 HOPE Study in Sickle Cell Disease
- Navient (NAVI) Rejects CFPB Ultimatum to Settle
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!