First NBC Bank (FNBC) Disagrees with 'Unfounded Assertions' in the Market
- Dow opens at record high led by oil, bank stocks
- Oil tops $55 for first time in 16 months as OPEC deal fuels buying
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Wall St. stock futures fall after Italy referendum
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/05: (FRP) (GMED) (CHK) Higher; (CERC) (HDSN) (MRVL) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
First NBC Bank Holding Company (“First NBC” or “the company”) (Nasdaq: FNBC), the holding company for First NBC Bank, today issued the following statement:
First NBC believes it is important to set the record straight and provide accurate information to the marketplace as soon as possible. The company disagrees with the unfounded assertions in the market and believes those responsible for them may be making these claims to support a short position in FNBC’s stock and benefit from negative news. First NBC remains profitable and generated $26.7 million in net income through the first six months of 2016. In addition, First NBC’s operating subsidiary, First NBC Bank, has maintained a solid capital position, with Tier 1 leverage and common equity Tier 1 risk-based capital ratios at well-capitalized levels and Tier 1 risk-based and total risk-based capital ratios at adequately capitalized levels.
As announced earlier today, First NBC has regained compliance with all applicable Nasdaq listing standards following the filing of its Form 10-Q for the period ended June 30, 2016. Now that it is current on its financials, First NBC is focused on returning all of the bank’s regulatory capital ratios to well-capitalized levels as quickly as possible. The company has engaged Sandler O'Neill & Partners, L.P. and Piper Jaffray & Co. and is exploring all strategic options to advance the interests of the company’s shareholders. Furthermore, First NBC remains committed to serving the interests of its customers and continuing to drive the successful rebuilding of New Orleans.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Materion Corp. (MTRN) to Acquire Certain Materials Business Assets from Heraeus Group
- Hilton Worldwide (HLT) Board Approves Park Hotels & Resorts and Hilton Grand Vacations Spin-off, 1-for-13 Reverse Stock Split
- Amphenol (APH) Announces Positive Results from AB-SA01 Phase 1 in S. Aureus; No TEAE Observed
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Short Sales
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Sandler O'Neill, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!