First Midwest Bancorp (FMBI) Approved by Fed to Acquire Standard Bank and Trust Company
- Oil steady around $50 on doubts over OPEC output cuts
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- Universal Health (UHS) Disputes and Denies Conclusions in BuzzFeed Article
- Perrigo (PRGO) to Restructure BCH Omega Pharma Belgium Business; Will Terminate EuroGenerics Agreement
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
First Midwest Bancorp, Inc. (Nasdaq: FMBI), headquartered in Itasca, Illinois and the parent company of First Midwest Bank, announced that it has received approval from the Federal Reserve to acquire Standard Bancshares, Inc. and its wholly-owned subsidiary, Standard Bank and Trust Company (“Standard Bank”) based in Hickory Hills, Illinois.
“We are extremely pleased to have received Federal Reserve approval for our transaction with Standard Bank, which we publicly announced on June 28, 2016,” said Michael L. Scudder, President and Chief Executive Officer of First Midwest. “We continue to progress towards an expected closing in either late 2016 or early 2017, and we look forward to having Standard Bank’s experienced team of bankers join us. This combination further positions us as metro Chicago’s premier commercial bank, strengthens our leading south metro market presence and continues our expansion into northwest Indiana.”
As of September 30, 2016, Standard Bancshares had total assets of $2.4 billion, $2.1 billion in deposits and $1.8 billion in loans.
This transaction remains subject to approval by the stockholders of First Midwest and shareholders of Standard Bancshares and the satisfaction of other customary closing conditions.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Tessera Technologies' (TSRA) DTS, Inc. Acquires All In Media
- Lionsgate (LGF): Starz Deal Accretive To A Cheap Stock - Brean Capital
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!