First Financial Northwest (FFNW) Approves 1.5M Share Buyback
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
First Financial Northwest, Inc. (the “Company”) (NASDAQ: FFNW), the holding company for First Savings Bank Northwest (the “Bank”), announced that the Company’s Board of Directors authorized the repurchase of 1,500,000 shares of the Company’s common stock, or 12.5% of its outstanding shares. The repurchase will be conducted by a pre-arranged stock trading plan for the purpose of repurchasing a limited number of shares of the Company’s common stock in accordance with guidelines specified under Rule 10b5-1 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended.
Rule 10b5-1 allows a company to adopt a written, pre-arranged stock trading plan at a time when it does not have material, non-public information and avoid concerns about whether it had material, non-public information at the time of the repurchase transactions pursuant to the plan.
Repurchases under the Company’s 10b5-1 plan will be administered through an independent broker. The plan will cover the repurchase of shares commencing no earlier than September 16, 2016, and expiring no later than March 17, 2017. Repurchases are subject to SEC requirements as well as certain price, market volume, and timing constraints specified in the plan.
The Company recently repurchased $18.1 million, or approximately 9.7%, of its common stock outstanding as of June 30, 2016 through a tender offer, which ended on August 9, 2016.
“We are pleased to be in a position to deploy excess capital by repurchasing additional shares, which is consistent with our long-term plan to enhance shareholder value,” said Joseph W. Kiley III, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Company and the Bank.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Herbalife (HLF) Provides Q4, FY17 Guidance in Memorandum for $1.325B Credit Facility; Lowers FY17 Sales Guidance
- Bitcoin Investment Trust (GBTC) Files to Offer Up to $500M in Stock in IPO; Plans to List on NYSE Arca
- Leap Presents Biomarker Data from Study of DKN-01 Combo with Paclitaxel in Esophageal Cancer (MCUR)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Stock Buybacks
Related EntitiesStock Buyback
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!