First Data (FDC) Receives Affirmative Responses from Lenders Covering $4.3B+ of Term Loans
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
First Data Corporation (NYSE: FDC) announced that it has received affirmative responses from a group of new and existing lenders who have agreed to provide approximately $4.3 billion and €0.2 billion of term loans due March 2021 at an interest rate of LIBOR plus 300 basis points.
The transaction announced today allows First Data to refinance its existing term loans that are due in March 2021 at an interest rate 100 basis points lower than those they will replace and result in annualized cash interest savings of approximately $45 million.
“Working with our lenders, this significant transaction allows us to refinance our current 2021 term loans at more favorable interest rates,” said Himanshu Patel, Chief Financial Officer, First Data. “As we have done over the past several years, First Data will continue to take advantage of opportunities when they present themselves to improve our capital structure.”
The successful completion of this transaction is subject to market and other conditions. There is no assurance that it can be completed on the terms outlined in this announcement.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- First Data Opens Up the Future of Global Commerce with Broadened Collaboration, Expanded Developer Tools
- Tucows (TCX) Names Co-Founder Brad Burnham to Board of Directors
- Uranium Resources (URRE) Prices 4.8M Common Stock Offering at $2.01/Share
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!