Finjan Holdings (FNJN) Sues Blue Coat in Germany Over Alleged Patent Infringement
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Finjan Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: FNJN) announced that its subsidiary Finjan, Inc. ("Finjan") filed a patent infringement lawsuit on October 14, 2016, in the German District Court in Dusseldorf, Germany against Blue Coat Systems, Inc. a California-based corporation and its subsidiary, Blue Coat Systems GmbH located in Munich, Germany (collectively "Blue Coat") alleging infringement of Finjan's European patent EP 0 965 094 B1. Finjan also filed a preliminary injunction in Case No. 15-cv-03295-BLF against Blue Coat on July 28, 2016, which is scheduled to be heard by the Honorable Beth Labson Freeman on November 10, 2016.
"The impetus for our third suit against Blue Coat and its subsidiary, Blue Coat GmbH, is that we believe that they continue to infringe other patents in our portfolio, including Finjan's European patent, even after we obtained a $39.5M jury verdict and judgment against Blue Coat for infringement last August," said Phil Hartstein, President & CEO of Finjan Holdings. "As for all who are granted valuable patent rights, we have essentially two options when dealing with an unwilling licensee -- seek the courts' assistance to enforce our patents on the merits, or abandon those patent rights. For Finjan, the latter is simply not an option."
Finjan has pending infringement lawsuits against FireEye, Inc., Symantec Corp., Palo Alto Networks, and ESET and its affiliates relating to, collectively, more than 20 patents in the Finjan portfolio. The court dockets for the foregoing cases are publicly available on the Public Access to Court Electronic Records (PACER) website, www.pacer.gov, which is operated by the Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Viveve Medical (VIVE) Files Patent Infringement Lawsuit Against Thermi in Texas
- Altra Industrial Motion (AIMC) to Acquire GKN's Stromag
- J2 Global (JCOM) Unit Enters Agreement to Acquire Everyday Health (EVDY) in $465M Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!