Finjan Holdings (FNJN) Sues Blue Coat in Germany Over Alleged Patent Infringement
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Finjan Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: FNJN) announced that its subsidiary Finjan, Inc. ("Finjan") filed a patent infringement lawsuit on October 14, 2016, in the German District Court in Dusseldorf, Germany against Blue Coat Systems, Inc. a California-based corporation and its subsidiary, Blue Coat Systems GmbH located in Munich, Germany (collectively "Blue Coat") alleging infringement of Finjan's European patent EP 0 965 094 B1. Finjan also filed a preliminary injunction in Case No. 15-cv-03295-BLF against Blue Coat on July 28, 2016, which is scheduled to be heard by the Honorable Beth Labson Freeman on November 10, 2016.
"The impetus for our third suit against Blue Coat and its subsidiary, Blue Coat GmbH, is that we believe that they continue to infringe other patents in our portfolio, including Finjan's European patent, even after we obtained a $39.5M jury verdict and judgment against Blue Coat for infringement last August," said Phil Hartstein, President & CEO of Finjan Holdings. "As for all who are granted valuable patent rights, we have essentially two options when dealing with an unwilling licensee -- seek the courts' assistance to enforce our patents on the merits, or abandon those patent rights. For Finjan, the latter is simply not an option."
Finjan has pending infringement lawsuits against FireEye, Inc., Symantec Corp., Palo Alto Networks, and ESET and its affiliates relating to, collectively, more than 20 patents in the Finjan portfolio. The court dockets for the foregoing cases are publicly available on the Public Access to Court Electronic Records (PACER) website, www.pacer.gov, which is operated by the Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonic Corp (SONC) Elects Steven Davis to Board of Directors
- Cullen/Frost Bankers (CFR) Announces Jack Wood and Royce Caldwell to Leave Board of Directors
- CSS Industries (CSS) Names John Roselli as CFO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!