Finjan Holdings (FNJN) Receives Favorable Jury Decision in Sophos Patent Infringement Case
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Finjan Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq: FNJN) announced that the jury in Finjan, Inc. v. Sophos, Inc. (3:14-cv-01197-WHO) returned a verdict that all five Finjan Patents were found literally infringed by Sophos. The jury also decided that Finjan was entitled to $15 million in damages for Sophos' infringement. The verdict, reached on September 21, 2016, followed a two-week trial before the Honorable William H. Orrick of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.
Finjan has pending infringement lawsuits against FireEye, Inc., Symantec Corp., Palo Alto Networks., Blue Coat Systems, Inc., and ESET and its affiliates relating to, collectively, more than 20 patents in the Finjan portfolio. The court dockets for the foregoing cases are publicly available on the Public Access to Court Electronic Records (PACER) website, www.pacer.gov, which is operated by the Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Finjan Holdings (FNJN) Receives European Patent Related to Adaptive Rule-Based Content Scanners
- EQT Corp. (EQT) Tops Q3 EPS by 15c; Announces CEO Succession
- Twitter (TWTR) to discontinue Vine
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!