Finjan Holdings (FNJN) Receives Favorable Jury Decision in Sophos Patent Infringement Case
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Finjan Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq: FNJN) announced that the jury in Finjan, Inc. v. Sophos, Inc. (3:14-cv-01197-WHO) returned a verdict that all five Finjan Patents were found literally infringed by Sophos. The jury also decided that Finjan was entitled to $15 million in damages for Sophos' infringement. The verdict, reached on September 21, 2016, followed a two-week trial before the Honorable William H. Orrick of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.
Finjan has pending infringement lawsuits against FireEye, Inc., Symantec Corp., Palo Alto Networks., Blue Coat Systems, Inc., and ESET and its affiliates relating to, collectively, more than 20 patents in the Finjan portfolio. The court dockets for the foregoing cases are publicly available on the Public Access to Court Electronic Records (PACER) website, www.pacer.gov, which is operated by the Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Finjan Holdings (FNJN) Issues Update on Sophos, Blue Coat Patent Lawsuits
- Engility Holdings (EGL) Awarded $16.8M VA Contract
- Skyline Medical (SKLN) Appoints New CEO, Board Member
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!