Finjan Holdings (FNJN) Receives Favorable Jury Decision in Sophos Patent Infringement Case
- Wall St. rises amid robust GDP data, mixed earnings
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- AbbVie (ABBV) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Finjan Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq: FNJN) announced that the jury in Finjan, Inc. v. Sophos, Inc. (3:14-cv-01197-WHO) returned a verdict that all five Finjan Patents were found literally infringed by Sophos. The jury also decided that Finjan was entitled to $15 million in damages for Sophos' infringement. The verdict, reached on September 21, 2016, followed a two-week trial before the Honorable William H. Orrick of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.
Finjan has pending infringement lawsuits against FireEye, Inc., Symantec Corp., Palo Alto Networks., Blue Coat Systems, Inc., and ESET and its affiliates relating to, collectively, more than 20 patents in the Finjan portfolio. The court dockets for the foregoing cases are publicly available on the Public Access to Court Electronic Records (PACER) website, www.pacer.gov, which is operated by the Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Finjan Holdings (FNJN) Receives European Patent Related to Adaptive Rule-Based Content Scanners
- Avid Technology (AVID) Enters Licensing Agreement with Nexidia for Media, Entertainment Rights
- Oceaneering (OII) Receives Two-Year FSVS Contract Extension from BP (BP) Unit for Offshore Angola Work
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!