Finjan Holdings (FNJN) Announces Favorable Decision in Sophos Patent Suit
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Finjan Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq: FNJN) announced that in Finjan, Inc. v. Sophos Inc. (14-cv-1197-WHO) the Honorable William H. Orrick entered Judgment in favor of subsidiary, Finjan, Inc. and against Sophos affirming the earlier $15M Jury Verdict and Award entered on September 21, 2016.
"We are pleased that Judge Orrick issued the Judgment so quickly, which suggests to us that the issues tried were clear and the verdict noncontroversial," said Julie Mar-Spinola, Finjan Holdings' CIPO. This is our second district court victory in 15 months, wherein all of the asserted patents were found valid and all but one infringed. Significantly, two juries awarded Finjan a total of $65M in damages; confirming that our patent assets remain strong, enforceable, and highly valuable."
The parties have about 28 days to file post-judgment motions with the District Court, and can file notices of appeal to the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit about 30 days after the District Court rules.
Finjan has pending infringement lawsuits against FireEye, Inc., Symantec Corp., Palo Alto Networks, Blue Coat Systems, Inc. and ESET, relating to, collectively, more than 20 patents in the Finjan portfolio. The court dockets for the foregoing cases are publicly available on the Public Access to Court Electronic Records (PACER) website, www.pacer.gov, which is operated by the Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY), Ono Enter Settlement and License Agreement with Merck (MRK) to Resolve PD-1 Antibody Patent Litigation
- Keane Group (FRAC) IPO Opens Up 16%
- AIG (AIG) Enters Reinsurance Agreement with Berkshire Hathaway (BRK-A) Unit
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Related EntitiesTwitter, IPO
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!