Finjan Holdings (FNJN) Announces Favorable Decision in Sophos Patent Suit
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Finjan Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq: FNJN) announced that in Finjan, Inc. v. Sophos Inc. (14-cv-1197-WHO) the Honorable William H. Orrick entered Judgment in favor of subsidiary, Finjan, Inc. and against Sophos affirming the earlier $15M Jury Verdict and Award entered on September 21, 2016.
"We are pleased that Judge Orrick issued the Judgment so quickly, which suggests to us that the issues tried were clear and the verdict noncontroversial," said Julie Mar-Spinola, Finjan Holdings' CIPO. This is our second district court victory in 15 months, wherein all of the asserted patents were found valid and all but one infringed. Significantly, two juries awarded Finjan a total of $65M in damages; confirming that our patent assets remain strong, enforceable, and highly valuable."
The parties have about 28 days to file post-judgment motions with the District Court, and can file notices of appeal to the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit about 30 days after the District Court rules.
Finjan has pending infringement lawsuits against FireEye, Inc., Symantec Corp., Palo Alto Networks, Blue Coat Systems, Inc. and ESET, relating to, collectively, more than 20 patents in the Finjan portfolio. The court dockets for the foregoing cases are publicly available on the Public Access to Court Electronic Records (PACER) website, www.pacer.gov, which is operated by the Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Whirlpool (WHR) Announces U.S. Confirms Samsung and LG Dumped Washers
- Dynegy (DYN) Subsidiary Genco Files for Court Approval of Prepackaged Reorganization Plan
- UPDATE: Macy's (M), Sears (SHLD), Kohl's Corp. (KSS) Accused of Posting Fake 'Original' Prices - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Related EntitiesTwitter, IPO
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!