Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCAU) Nov. U.S. Sales Declined 14%
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
- Ram Truck brand sales up 12 percent compared with same month a year ago; Ram pickup truck sales up 8 percent
- All-new 2017 Chrysler Pacifica minivan sales up 13 percent compared with previous month of October
- Jeep® Renegade sales up 30 percent; all-new 2017 Jeep Compass makes its U.S. debut at the Los Angeles Auto Show
FCA US LLC today reported U.S. sales of 160,827 units, a 14 percent decrease compared with sales in November 2015 (187,731 units).
FCA US retail sales of 126,780 units were down 2 percent year over year in November, representing 79 percent of total sales for the month. Fleet sales of 34,047 units were down 42 percent year over year in November as FCA US continues to reduce its sales to the daily rental segment. Fleet sales represented 21 percent of total FCA US sales in the month.
Ram Truck brand sales were up 12 percent in November versus the same month in 2015. Ram ProMaster van sales increased 126 percent in November, while Ram pickup truck sales increased 8 percent. The Jeep® Renegade small SUV had a strong November with a 30 percent sales gain, while sales of the Fiat 500 were up 18 percent compared with the same month a year ago.
Sales of the all-new 2017 Chrysler Pacifica – launched earlier this year – were up 13 percent in November compared with sales in the previous month of October. November sales represented the minivan's second best sales month this year.
Ram Truck brand sales are up 11 percent calendar year to date through November compared with the same 11-month period in 2015. Jeep brand sales are up 8 percent calendar year to date as well.
Ram Truck Brand
Ram Truck brand sales, which include the Ram pickup, Ram ProMaster and Ram ProMaster City, increased 12 percent in November versus the same month in 2015. With its 126 percent sales gain, the Ram ProMaster van turned in the largest year-over-year percentage increase of any FCA US vehicle in November. Sales of the Ram pickup truck increased 8 percent in November. The Ram 1500 earned Best Buy awards last month from Consumers Digest and Consumer Guide Automotive. Also last month, the Green Car Journal named the Ram ProMaster City its 2017 Commercial Green Car of the Year for the second consecutive year – the first time a vehicle has won one of the magazine's titles consecutively. Ram Truck brand sales are up 11 percent calendar year to date compared with the same 11 months in 2015.
Jeep brand sales were down 12 percent compared with the same month a year ago. The Jeep Renegade turned in a strong 30 percent increase in November compared with the same month in 2015. The Renegade earned Best Buy awards last month from Consumers Digest and Consumer Guide Automotive in the subcompact SUV segment. In addition, the Jeep Grand Cherokee earned a Consumers Digest Best Buy for the seventh-consecutive year in the mid-size SUV category. Jeep brand sales are up 8 percent calendar year to date compared with the first 11 months of 2015.
The all-new 2017 Jeep Compass made its U.S. debut last month at the Los Angeles Auto Show. The global compact SUV delivers unsurpassed 4x4 capability, world-class on-road driving dynamics, advanced fuel-efficient powertrains and premium styling. The Compass will be manufactured in Brazil, China, Mexico and India, for consumers in more than 100 countries around the world.
FIAT brand sales, which include the Fiat 500, Fiat 500L, Fiat 500X and Fiat 124 Spider, were down 15 percent in November. However, sales of the Fiat 500 were up 18 percent year-over-year in November. In its fifth month in the market, the all-new 124 Spider recorded sales of 350 units. The 124 Spider earned a 2017 Best Buy last month in the sporty performance car segment from the automotive editors at Consumer Guide Automotive, who noted that the 124 Spider "represents an impressive amount of fun for the money." The 124 Spider also took home the award for Best-Looking New Car from readers of The Car Connection in November.
Dodge brand sales were down 21 percent in November compared with the same month in 2015. However, Dodge Charger sales increased 34 percent compared with the same month a year ago. Dodge Viper sales were up as well. The Dodge Durango earned a Best Buy last month from Consumer Guide Automotive in the large SUV category – for the fifth-consecutive year. In addition, for the third time in three years, the Charger has earned the Residual Value Award in the full-size category from ALG, the industry benchmark for residual values and depreciation data. Also, the Charger and Durango were "most loved" in their respective segments for the third-consecutive year making Strategic Vision's "Most Loved Vehicles in America" list, while the Dodge Challenger earned a spot on the list in the specialty coupe category.
Chrysler brand sales were down 47 percent in November compared with the same month a year ago. However, the all-new Chrysler Pacifica posted sales of 8,753 units in November, a 13 percent sales gain versus the previous month of October. The 2017 Pacifica minivan – launched in April – earned Best Buy awards from Consumer Guide Automotive, Consumers Digest and Kelley Blue Book last month. In the Consumer Guide Automotive competition, the Pacifica captured both the Minivan and Family Vehicle Best Buy awards. In addition, the Pacifica earned "Best Car to Buy" and "Best Family Vehicle to Buy" designations from The Car Connection. The Chrysler 300 full-size sedan grabbed an award last month as well, earning its fifth Best Buy award in the luxury car segment from Consumers Digest.
FCA US LLC Sales Summary November 2016
Reflects New Methodology
Town & Country
TOTAL FCA US LLC
Total Car & MPV
Total Truck & LCV
Method of Determining Monthly Sales. FCA US's reported vehicle sales represent unit sales of vehicles to retail customers, deliveries of vehicles to fleet customers and to others such as FCA US's employees and retirees as well as vehicles used for marketing. Most of these reported sales reflect retail sales made by dealers out of their own inventory of vehicles previously purchased by them from FCA US. Reported vehicle units sales do not correspond to FCA US's reported revenues, which are based on FCA US's sale and delivery of vehicles, and typically recognized upon shipment to the dealer or end customer. As announced on July 26, 2016, FCA US has modified its methodology for monthly sales reporting as follows:
- Sales to retail customers by dealers in the U.S. are derived from the New Vehicle Delivery Report ("NVDR") system and are determined as the sum of (A) all sales recorded by dealers during the month net of all unwound transactions recorded to the end of that month (whether the original sale was recorded in the current month or any prior month); plus (B) all sales of vehicles during that month attributable to past unwinds that had previously been reversed in determining monthly sales (in the current or prior months).
- Fleet sales are recorded as sales upon the shipment of the vehicle by FCA US to the customer or end user.
- Other retail sales are recorded either (A) when the sale is recorded in the NVDR system (for sales by dealers in Puerto Rico and limited sales made through distributors that submit NVDRs in the same manner as for sales by U.S. dealers) or (B) upon receipt of a similar delivery notification (for vehicles for which NVDRs are not entered such as vehicles for FCA employees).
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Fiat Chrysler (FCAU) Remains a Top Pick at Morgan Stanley
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) to Present Five-Year Growth Plan at Investor Conference
- All-new Chrysler Pacifica Only Minivan Named IIHS Top Safety Pick+ for 2017
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance, Hot Corp. News, Hot Guidance
Related EntitiesChrysler LLC, Twitter
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!