Facebook (FB) Developing Censorship Software to Get Back into China - NYT
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
(Updated - November 22, 2016 5:48 PM EST)
Facebook (NASDAQ: FB) is said to be developing censorship tools to get back into China, the New York Times reported Tuesday evening.
According to the article, the social media giant has secretly developed software that will withhold some items from appearing in users' news feeds in certain geographic areas. The Times cited three current and former Facebook employees with the information.
The ultimate goal of the feature will be to get Facebook into China, where it has been blocked.
CEO Mark Zuckerberg is said to be wholeheartedly behind the effort.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Expect Facebook (FB) To Show Strong Q4 Report, Monitor For Guidance On Expenses - Goldman Sachs
- Manitex Int'l (MNTX) Says It's Considering Strategic Alternatives for A.S.V., LLC
- Ixia (XXIA) Said to Get Buyout Interest from Thoma Bravo, Silver Lake, Vista - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesMark Zuckerberg
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!