Facebook (FB) Developing Censorship Software to Get Back into China - NYT
- Banks, telecoms lead Wall Street up; another Dow record
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- bluebird bio (BLUE) to Offer $200M of Common Stock
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c, Raises FY Revenue Guidance
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/06: (PLAY) (ANTH) (WDC) Higher; (AVAV) (ESV) (BLUE) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - November 22, 2016 5:48 PM EST)
Facebook (NASDAQ: FB) is said to be developing censorship tools to get back into China, the New York Times reported Tuesday evening.
According to the article, the social media giant has secretly developed software that will withhold some items from appearing in users' news feeds in certain geographic areas. The Times cited three current and former Facebook employees with the information.
The ultimate goal of the feature will be to get Facebook into China, where it has been blocked.
CEO Mark Zuckerberg is said to be wholeheartedly behind the effort.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Alaska Air Group (ALK) Cleared by DOJ to Acquire Virgin America (VA)
- Microsoft (MSFT) and LinkedIn's (LNKD) Proposed Merger Cleared in Europe, with Conditions
- Allstate (ALL) Appoints New CIO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesMark Zuckerberg
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!