Facebook (FB) Developing Censorship Software to Get Back into China - NYT
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - November 22, 2016 5:48 PM EST)
Facebook (NASDAQ: FB) is said to be developing censorship tools to get back into China, the New York Times reported Tuesday evening.
According to the article, the social media giant has secretly developed software that will withhold some items from appearing in users' news feeds in certain geographic areas. The Times cited three current and former Facebook employees with the information.
The ultimate goal of the feature will be to get Facebook into China, where it has been blocked.
CEO Mark Zuckerberg is said to be wholeheartedly behind the effort.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks with call price movement; FLR FB
- SenesTech (SNES) Prices Lighter Common Stock IPO Below Previous Expectations
- DuPont (DD) CEO says 'very far down the road' in Dow Chemical (DOW) deal - Retuers
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesMark Zuckerberg
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!