FXCM, Inc. (FXCM) Retail Customer Trading Vol. Fell 18% in August 2016
- Wall St dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- Qualcomm (QCOM) Thrashed as Apple (AAPL) Lawsuit Threatens Licensing Business Model
- McDonald's (MCD) Tops Q4 EPS by 3c
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
FXCM (NYSE: FXCM) announced certain key customer trading metrics for August 2016 for its retail and institutional foreign exchange business.
August 2016 Customer Trading Metrics from Continuing Operations (1)
Retail Customer Trading Metrics
- Retail customer trading volume (2) of $270 billion in August 2016, 4% lower than July 2016 and 18% lower than August 2015.
- Average retail customer trading volume (2) per day of $11.7 billion in August 2016, 13% lower than July 2016 and 25% lower than August 2015.
- An average of 494,626 retail client trades per day in August 2016, 14% lower than July 2016 and 17% lower than August 2015.
- Active accounts (3) of 175,757 as of August 31, 2016, a decrease of 863, or 0.5%, from July 31, 2016, and a decrease of 4,965, or 3%, from August 31, 2015.
- Tradeable accounts (4) of 173,448 as of August 31, 2016, an increase of 1,779 accounts, or 1% from July 31, 2016, and an increase of 15,148 accounts, or 10%, from August 31, 2015.
Institutional Customer Trading Metrics
- Institutional customer trading volume (2) of $26 billion in August 2016, 37% lower than July 2016 and 45% lower than August 2015.
- Average institutional customer trading volume (2) per day of $1.1 billion in August 2016, 45% lower than July 2016 and 52% lower than August 2015.
- An average of 36,960 institutional client trades per day in August 2016, 8% lower than July 2016 and 6% higher than August 2015.
More information, including historical results for each of the above metrics, can be found on the investor relations page of FXCM's corporate website www.fxcm.com.
This operating data is preliminary and subject to revision and should not be taken as an indication of the financial performance of FXCM Inc. FXCM undertakes no obligation to publicly update or review previously reported operating data. Any updates to previously reported operating data will be reflected in the historical operating data that can be found on the Investor Relations page of the Company's corporate website www.fxcm.com.
(1) Customer Trading Metrics from Continuing Operations excludes discontinued operations of FXCM Japan and FXCM Hong Kong.
(2) Volume that FXCM customers traded in period is translated into US dollars.
(3) An Active Account represents an account that has traded at least once in the previous twelve months.
(4) A Tradeable Account is an account with sufficient funds to place a trade in accordance with FXCM trading policies.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Chemical Financial (CHFC) Names Jeffrey Tate to Board of Directors
- Banc of California (BANC) Trades Lower After Announce SEC Probe, CEO Resignation
- Minerals Technologies (MTX) Elects Matthew Garth as CFO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Related EntitiesHedge Funds
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!