FXCM, Inc. (FXCM) Offers Monthly Metrics for Sept. 2016; Says Retail Cust. Trading Volume Fell 0.6%
- Futures fall on Brexit worries, Trump's dollar comments
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Tops Q4 EPS by 17c
- Trump, Brexit uncertainty hit stocks and dollar, gold jumps
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
FXCM Inc. (Nasdaq: FXCM) announced certain key customer trading metrics for September 2016 for its retail and institutional foreign exchange business.
September 2016 Customer Trading Metrics from Continuing Operations (1)
Retail Customer Trading Metrics
- Retail customer trading volume (2) of $324 billion in September 2016, 20% higher than August 2016 and 0.6% lower than September 2015.
- Average retail customer trading volume (2) per day of $14.7 billion in September 2016, 26% higher than August 2016 and 0.7% lower than September 2015.
- An average of 563,001 retail client trades per day in September 2016, 14% higher than August 2016 and 0.3% lower than September 2015.
- Volume from indirect sources was 38% of total retail volume (2) in the third quarter 2016.
- Retail customer trading volume (2) for the third quarter 2016 was $875 billion, 4% higher than the second quarter 2016, and 10% lower than the third quarter 2015.
- Active accounts (3) of 177,818 as of September 30, 2016, an increase of 2,061, or 1%, from August 31, 2016, and a decrease of 2,303, or 1%, from September 30, 2015.
- Tradeable accounts (4) of 155,067 as of September 30, 2016, a decrease of 18,381, or 11%, from August 31, 2016, and a decrease of 5,283, or 3%, from September 30, 2015.
Retail Tradeable Accounts declined 11% which was mainly driven by the accounts removed due to the dormancy fee charged to clients on September 30, 2016. If dormancy fees were not charged, Tradeable accounts would have decreased by 1,068 accounts or 0.6% in September 30, 2016 when compared to August 31, 2016.
Institutional Customer Trading Metrics
- Institutional customer trading volume (2) of $29 billion in September 2016, 12% higher than August 2016 and 38% lower than September 2015.
- Average institutional trading volume (2) per day of $1.3 billion in September 2016, 18% higher than August 2016 and 38% lower than September 2015.
- An average of 41,397 institutional client trades per day in September 2016, 12% higher than August 2016 and 39% higher than September 2015.
- Institutional customer trading volume (2) for the third quarter 2016 was $96 billion, 47% lower than the second quarter 2016, and 27% lower than the third quarter 2015.
More information, including historical results for each of the above metrics, can be found on the investor relations page of FXCM's corporate website www.fxcm.com.
This operating data is preliminary and subject to revision and should not be taken as an indication of the financial performance of FXCM Inc. FXCM undertakes no obligation to publicly update or review previously reported operating data. Any updates to previously reported operating data will be reflected in the historical operating data that can be found on the Investor Relations page of the Company's corporate website www.fxcm.com.
(1) Customer Trading Metrics from Continuing Operations excludes discontinued operations of FXCM Japan and FXCM Hong Kong.
(2) Volume that FXCM customers traded in period is translated into US dollars.
(3) An Active Account represents an account that has traded at least once in the previous twelve months.
(4) A Tradeable Account is an account with sufficient funds to place a trade in accordance with FXCM trading policies.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Biogen (BIIB), Forward Pharma (FWP) Enter Settlement and License Agreement; Biogen to Pay $1.25B, Royalties
- Concert Pharma (CNCE) Initiates Placebo-Controlled Phase 2 of CTP-656 in CF in U.S.; Plans Open-Label Phase 2 in EU in Q2
- Eli Lilly & Co. (LLY), Incyte (INCY) Announce FDA Extends Review Period for Baricitinib
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Related EntitiesHedge Funds, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!