FXCM, Inc. (FXCM) Closes $40M Sale of DailyFX
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
FXCM Inc. (Nasdaq: FXCM) announced that FXCM has closed on its sale of DailyFX to IG Group ("IG"), a global leader in online trading, for a price of $40 million.
Cash of $36 million was paid to FXCM on closing, with an additional $4 million to be paid on completion of certain migration requirements.
FXCM’s proceeds from the sale were used to repay debt owed to Leucadia. FXCM has made loan repayments of $154 million to Leucadia with $156 million outstanding. After the additional $4 million is received, FXCM will have repaid more than half the debt.
"With the close of this deal we have made another positive step towards completing our goal of eliminating the Leucadia debt through the sale of non-core assets and cash generated through operations," said Drew Niv, CEO of FXCM.
Quayle Munro served FXCM as advisors on the deal.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Xerox Corp. (XRX) Appoints New, Post-Separation CFO
- Skyline Medical (SKLN) Appoints New CEO, Board Member
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Spinoffs
Related EntitiesHedge Funds, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!