FXCM, Inc. (FXCM), Leucadia (LUK) Complete Long-Term Partnership Agreement
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Leucadia National Corporation (NYSE: LUK) and FXCM Inc. (NYSE: FXCM) announced that they have completed the process of deepening their partnership, with Leucadia now holding a membership interest in FXCM’s operating entity, FXCM Group, LLC. (See below for a summary of definitive agreements.)
Rich Handler, Chief Executive Officer, and Brian Friedman, President of Leucadia, stated: "We are pleased to affirm our long-term commitment and investment in FXCM and are excited about our prospects for success. We look forward to our role as board members of FXCM Group, LLC, and we believe that, together, Leucadia and FXCM can further strengthen and expand the FXCM platform."
Drew Niv, Chief Executive Officer of FXCM, stated: "We are delighted that Leucadia has shown its commitment to FXCM by becoming a long-term partner. This partnership can bring many benefits to FXCM shareholders, clients, and employees. Leucadia’s financial strength and its skill and expertise – including the deep expertise available at Jefferies – make it the ideal partner to help FXCM to continue to grow our business."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Norwood Financial Corp (NWFL) Names William Davis, Jr. as Chairman of the Board
- GameStop (GME) Holiday Comps Fall 18.7%, Reiterates Prior Guidance
- VisionChina (VISN) Names BDO China as Independent Auditors
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!