FMC Technologies (FTI), Technip Merger Cleared in Brazil
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
FMC Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: FTI) and Technip (Paris:TEC) (OTC: TKPPY) (Euronext: TEC) today announced that the pending combination between the companies has received a clearance decision issued by the General Superintendent of the Administrative Council for Economic Defense (CADE), the Brazilian antitrust authority. The decision is subject to a 15-day waiting period.
As previously announced on May 19, 2016, Technip and FMC Technologies will combine to create a global leader that will drive change by redefining the production and transformation of oil and gas. Brazil is the last outstanding antitrust clearance required prior to closing. Clearance decisions have previously been provided by antitrust authorities in the United States, the European Union, India, Turkey, Mexico and Russia. The pending transaction remains subject to other closing conditions, including approval of the transaction by FMC Technologies’ and Technip’s shareholders at their respective shareholders meetings scheduled on December 5, 2016, as well as certain regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions. The transaction is expected to close in early 2017, subject to the satisfaction of these other closing conditions.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- B&G Foods (BGS) Acquires Victoria Fine Foods for $70M
- salesforce.com (CRM), AWS (AMZN) Enter Expanded Global Strategic Alliance
- Engility Holdings (EGL) Awarded $16.8M VA Contract
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesTwitter, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!