FLIR Systems (FLIR) Announces Completion of $259M Point Grey Research Acquisition
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
FLIR Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: FLIR) announced today that it has successfully completed its previously announced acquisition of the business of Point Grey Research Inc., for an aggregate purchase price of $259 million in cash, or an enterprise value of $256 million excluding Point Grey's closing cash balance.
Founded in 1997 and based in Richmond, British Columbia, Point Grey is a global leader in the development of advanced visible imaging cameras and solutions that are used in industrial automation systems, medical diagnostic equipment, people counting systems, intelligent traffic systems, military and defense products, and advanced mapping systems. Point Grey designs, manufactures, and distributes its cameras and related software to a global base of customers that build systems for improving the efficiency, quality, analysis, and safety of a wide range of processes and products.
"The acquisition of Point Grey provides us a strong, proven, and profitable platform from which to integrate thermal technology into the underpenetrated industrial vision and people counting markets," said Andy Teich, President and CEO of FLIR. "We are pleased to have the Point Grey team join FLIR and we look forward to working with them to innovate advanced intelligent imaging solutions for the customers in the machine vision space."
The business will be known as the Integrated Imaging Solutions line of business operating within FLIR's OEM and Emerging segment. FLIR anticipates the business and related transaction costs will be approximately $0.01 dilutive to its 2016 earnings per share and accretive for 2017.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- B&G Foods (BGS) Acquires Victoria Fine Foods for $70M
- IBERIABANK Corp. (IBKC) Prices 3.13M Share Common Stock Offering for Proceeds of ~$255M
- Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows 12/2: (NBR) (PTEN) (EXEL) High; (PLX) (GES) (GIII) Low
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!