FDA Puts GlaxoSmithKline's (GSK) Avandia TIDE Trial on Partial Clinical Hold (Previously Reported)
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today informed GlaxoSmithKline (NYSE: GSK), the manufacturer of the diabetes drug Avandia (rosiglitazone), that the postmarketing trial known as TIDE (Thiazolidinedione Intervention With Vitamin D Evaluation) has been placed on partial clinical hold.
Under the partial clinical hold no new patients may be enrolled into the trial until further notice from the FDA. Patients already enrolled in the trial will be allowed to continue to participate.
The FDA has instructed GSK to update investigators, institutional review boards (IRBs) and ethics committees involved in the TIDE trial regarding new safety information presented at the joint FDA Advisory Committee meeting held on July 13 and 14, 2010, along with information regarding the deliberations and votes of that meeting.
This information can be used by investigators and IRBs to update existing informed consent information for current trial participants.
The FDA is evaluating available information on Avandia's safety and the discussions of the recent advisory committee meeting. The FDA will update the public on the outcome of its review and its implications for Avandia and the TIDE trial when the review is complete.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Repros Therapeutics (RPRX) Updates on Hypogonadism AdCom Meeting; Panel Suggests Additional Endpoint
- Titan Int'l (TWI) Promotes Paul Reitz to Chief Executive Officer
- VirnetX Holding (VHC) Disappointed on Federal Circuit's Decisions; Positive on Dissenter
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!