Eyegate Pharma (EYEG) Plans 510(k) De Novo Path for Ocular Bandage Gel
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
EyeGate Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: EYEG) today announced that, following a pre-submission meeting with the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (“FDA”), it plans to pursue U.S. regulatory clearance of its EyeGate Ocular Bandage Gel (“EyeGate OBG”), via the De Novo 510(k) pathway. EyeGate OBG is the lead product candidate from the Company’s cross-linked, thiolated carboxymethyl hyaluronic acid (CMHA-S) platform. The Company plans to release top-line results by year-end, from its initial pilot study evaluating the ability of EyeGate OBG to accelerate ocular surface re-epithelialization following photorefractive keratectomy (“PRK”).
“We are extremely encouraged by our dialogue thus far with the FDA around EyeGate OBG, and are pleased to have a clear clinical and regulatory path forward for our first-in-kind eye drop that could accelerate recovery from post corneal surgery and injury,” said Stephen From, President and Chief Executive Officer of EyeGate. “We believe that the De Novo process, which is for medical devices without predicates, provides evidence of the novelty of our EyeGate OBG product. We look forward to announcing the top-line data from our PRK pilot study by the end of the year.”
The EyeGate OBG is a synthetic biocompatible CMHA-S hydrogel, capable of coating the ocular surface and designed to resist degradation under conditions present in the eye. This prolongs residence time of the bandage on the ocular surface, addressing the limitations of current non-cross-linked hyaluronic acid formulations. Additionally, cross-linking allows the product’s viscosity to be modified to meet optimum ocular needs. The EyeGate OBG is a sterile liquigel that is designed to be administered to the eye from a single-use vial four times per day for a maximum of 28 days.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Eyegate Pharma (EYEG) Announces Promising Phase 1b/2a Data for EGP-437
- Alnylam Pharma (ALNY) Announces Presentation of Updated Results from Phase 1/2 Study of ALN-CC5
- Juno Therapeutics (JUNO) Announces Prelim. JCAR017 Data in r/r NHL; No sCRS Observed
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!