Exelon's (EXC) Constellation Completes Acquisition of Certain ConEdison Solutions Assets (ED)
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- Fed's Yellen says 'makes sense' to gradually raise interest rates
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Constellation, a subsidiary of Exelon Corporation (NYSE: EXC), has completed its acquisition of the retail electricity and natural gas business from ConEdison Solutions, a subsidiary of Consolidated Edison, Inc. (NYSE: ED). As the nation’s largest competitive energy supplier, Constellation now serves approximately 2.5 million residential and business customers across the continental United States.
In the purchase, Constellation acquired ConEdison Solutions’ retail electricity and natural gas customer contracts and associated supply contracts serving approximately 15 TWh of electricity and 1 Bcf of natural gas to more than 560,000 commercial, industrial, public sector and residential customers across 12 Northeastern, mid-Atlantic, and Midwestern states, Texas, and the District of Columbia.
“This purchase aligns with our generation-to-load matching strategy and provides the opportunity for additional growth in strategically attractive markets,” said Joseph Nigro, CEO of Constellation. “ConEdison Solutions’ commodity business brings with it a strong team of approximately 85 employees who will be a great addition to our retail organization.”
ConEdison Solutions’ retail electricity and natural gas business will operate under the Constellation brand after a post-closing transition period that will be complete in 2017. Residential and commercial customers of ConEdison Solutions’ retail electricity and natural gas business will experience no disruption to service and all existing customer contracts will be honored.
The transaction was approved by the Federal Trade Commission.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mondelez Int'l (MDLZ) Sells Australia and New Zealand Grocery Business to Bega Cheese Limited for $460M AUD
- Sallie Mae (SLM) Issues Statement on CFPB Complaint
- Viper Energy Partners (VNOM) Offers Q4 Operational Results, Update on Recent Acquisitions
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions, Spinoffs
Related EntitiesTwitter, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!