Exelixis (EXEL) Updates Timing of Key Cabozantinib Clinical Data Presentation
- Pfizer, banks lead Wall Street lower; presidential debate eyed
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 9/26: (ARRY) (SMMT) (ACTA) Higher; (PTIE) (DRRX) (SALE) Lower
- CBOE Holdings (CBOE) to Acquire Bats Global Markets (BATS) in ~$3.2B Deal
- LANXESS to Acquire Chemtura (CHMT) in ~$2.5B Deal
- Pfizer (PFE) Won't Pursue Split
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
After the close, Exelixis, Inc. (NASDAQ: EXEL) provided an update on the timing of a key data presentation for cabozantinib at the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) 2016 Congress, which is being held October 7-11, 2016 in Copenhagen, Denmark. Detailed results from CABOSUN, the randomized phase 2 clinical trial of cabozantinib compared with sunitinib in patients with previously untreated advanced renal cell carcinoma (RCC), has been selected for the Presidential Symposium 3 session on Monday, October 10, 2016, starting at 16:30 CEST (local Copenhagen time) / 10:30 a.m. EDT / 7:30 a.m. PDT.
The full logistical details for the CABOSUN data presentation are as follows:
[LBA30_PR] “CABOzantinib versus SUNitinib (CABOSUN) as initial targeted therapy for patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma (mRCC) of poor and intermediate risk groups: Results from ALLIANCE A031203 Trial.”
Dr. Toni Choueiri, Director, Lank Center for Genitourinary Oncology, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Session: Presidential Symposium 3, Monday, October 10, 2016 – 16:30-18:10 CEST, Copenhagen room
Note: This is a National Cancer Institute Cancer Therapy Evaluation Program (NCI-CTEP) study.
The late-breaking CABOSUN abstract was initially slated for an oral presentation at a Proffered Paper session on Saturday, October 8, 2016. Exelixis previously announced that data from the Exelixis-discovered compounds cabozantinib and cobimetinib would be the subject of fifteen presentations at the ESMO 2016 Congress. For full details on Exelixis’ presence at the conference, please see the company’s press release issued on August 31, 2016.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Exelixis (EXEL) Announces Initiation of CS-3150 Phase 3 as Selective Mineralocorticoid Receptor Antagonist
- Exelixis Announces Collaborator Daiichi Sankyo’s Initiation of Phase 3 Clinical Development for CS-3150, a Selective Mineralocorticoid Receptor Antagonist
- Ball Corp. (BLL) to Sell Baltimore Tin Manufacturing Facility in $25M Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!