Exar Corp. (EXAR) Names New Board Chair
- Wall Street opens higher as oil prices rise
- BlackBerry (BBRY) Tops Q2 EPS by 5c; Will End Internal Hardware Development; Boosts FY17 Outlook
- Nike (NKE) Tops Q1 EPS by 17c; Futures Orders Miss Views
- Oil climbs after industry data shows U.S. inventory draw
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 09/28: (SEED) (AVXL) (ATHX) Higher; (GALT) (TPX) (SONC) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Exar Corporation (NYSE: EXAR) announced that its Board of Directors has appointed Gary Meyers as Chairman, effective immediately.
Mr. Meyers commented, "I am honored to assume the role of Chairman of Exar. Having been a director for several years, it's clear to me that Exar has been transformed into a formidable mixed signal leader built on a foundation of industry leading products and an outstanding team. I look forward to partnering with the Board and the management team to drive best practices in director governance, along with continued growth and profitability."
Ryan Benton, Chief Executive Officer, stated, "We are pleased to have Gary as Chairman of the Board. Gary has been on Exar's board since 2008, and his expertise and experience make him well suited to help lead Exar in our next evolutionary phase of growth."
Mr. Meyers has served as a director of Exar since May 2008. Mr. Meyers was President and Chief Executive Officer, and member of the Board of Directors of FusionOps, a venture-backed provider of cloud based supply chain analytics solutions from April 2012 through July 2016. Previously, Mr. Meyers served as Vice President and General Manager of Synopsys, Inc. Until its acquisition by Synopsys in May 2008, Mr. Meyers served as President and Chief Executive Officer of Synplicity, Inc., a public EDA company, and as a Board of Directors member from January 2005 on. Mr. Meyers has also held various other positions at Synplicity, including serving as its President and Chief Operating Officer and as its Vice President of Worldwide Sales. Prior to that, Mr. Meyers held senior sales and marketing roles at LSI Corporation, a semiconductor firm, over a ten-year period. Mr. Meyers has an MBA from UCLA, and he received his BSEE, Summa Cum Laude, from the University of Maryland.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- SolarCity (SCTY) Appoints New CFO
- Wells Fargo (WFC) CEO Stumpf to Forfeit $41M in Equity Awards; Company Announces Independent Investigation into Retail Banking Sales Practices
- Karyopharm Therapeutics (KPTI) Announces Publication of Selinexor Phase 1 Data in XPO1 Inhibition
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes, Management Comments
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!