Exact Sciences (EXAS) Gains as NCQA Updates Colorectal Cancer Screening Measure
- Stocks flat as earnings roll in, Comcast drags Nasdaq
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/27: (PCMI) (OCN) (TTMI) Higher; (CYH) (RWLK) (AMFW) Lower
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
- CenturyLink (CTL) in Advanced Talks to Merge with Level 3 (LVLT) - DJ
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Exact Sciences (NASDAQ: EXAS) gains as NCQA updates colorectal cancer screening measure.
The National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) has updated the HEDIS®Colorectal Cancer Screening measure in order to respond to recently revised scientific guidelines by the US Preventive Services Task Force.
The USPSTF recommends colorectal cancer screening that includes a variety of tests, and noted that offering more options and sharing decision making with patients may be an opportunity to improve screening rates.
According to the USPSTF Recommendation Statement, Screening for Colorectal Cancer, 2016: “…offering choice in colorectal cancer screening strategies may increase screening uptake. As such, the screening tests are not presented in any preferred or ranked order; rather, the goal is to maximize the total number of persons who are screened because that will have the largest effect on reducing colorectal cancer deaths.” Colorectal Cancer Screening is a long-standing, widely used measure.
Changes to the measure align with USPSTF recommendations, and will be published in the October Technical Specifications Update. The updated measure is effective for HEDIS 2017.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Gannett (GCI) -Tronc (TRNC) deal still in doubt as banks said to withdraw financing
- Callidus Software (CALD) Said Mentioned Cautiously at Off Wall Street
- Tesla (TSLA) volatility comes in as shares rally on Q3 results and outlook
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!