Exact Sciences (EXAS) Gains as NCQA Updates Colorectal Cancer Screening Measure
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Exact Sciences (NASDAQ: EXAS) gains as NCQA updates colorectal cancer screening measure.
The National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) has updated the HEDIS®Colorectal Cancer Screening measure in order to respond to recently revised scientific guidelines by the US Preventive Services Task Force.
The USPSTF recommends colorectal cancer screening that includes a variety of tests, and noted that offering more options and sharing decision making with patients may be an opportunity to improve screening rates.
According to the USPSTF Recommendation Statement, Screening for Colorectal Cancer, 2016: “…offering choice in colorectal cancer screening strategies may increase screening uptake. As such, the screening tests are not presented in any preferred or ranked order; rather, the goal is to maximize the total number of persons who are screened because that will have the largest effect on reducing colorectal cancer deaths.” Colorectal Cancer Screening is a long-standing, widely used measure.
Changes to the measure align with USPSTF recommendations, and will be published in the October Technical Specifications Update. The updated measure is effective for HEDIS 2017.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- CBOE (CBOE) Announces New SPX Options Implied Volatility-Based Index: SMILE
- Diplomat Pharmacy (DPLO) CFO Sean Whelan to Step Down; Paul Urick Promoted to President
- ContraVir Pharma (CTRV) Gains on Heavy Volume
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!