Exact Sciences (EXAS) Announces Updated CMS Evidence of Coverage for Cologuard
- Wall St. set to open lower, weighed down by GE
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/21: (ALKS) (RAI) (PFPT) (MSFT) Higher; (SGY) (TWLO) (RRGB) Lower (more...)
- Oil rises on Russia's output freeze commitment
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Exact Sciences Corp. (Nasdaq: EXAS) announced that the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) issued an updated Evidence of Coverage notice for Medicare Advantage plans that affirms such plans must include coverage of Cologuard every three years without patient coinsurance, copayments or deductibles.
"The CMS update assures patients and physicians that Cologuard is covered by Medicare Advantage plans without any out-of-pocket costs," said Kevin Conroy, chairman and CEO of Exact Sciences. "The update is also significant because it reflects CMS' recognition that Cologuard is an A-graded preventive service under the recently updated USPSTF colorectal cancer screening recommendations. CMS requires Medicare Advantage plans to cover A-graded services without patient cost sharing."
CMS recently issued its 2017 model Evidence of Coverage notice for Medicare Advantage Organizations and included stool DNA-based colorectal cancer screening for first time. In 2016, 17.6 million Americans were enrolled in Medicare Advantage plans. This represents 31 percent of Medicare beneficiaries.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Merck (MRK) Announces KEYTRUDA Phase 3 KEYNOTE-045 Met Primary Endpoint; Trial Stopped Early
- Whole Foods Market (WFM) Says It's Cooperating Fully with Detroit Health Department Following Case of Hepatitis A
- J2 Global (JCOM) Unit Enters Agreement to Acquire Everyday Health (EVDY) in $465M Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!