Exact Sciences (EXAS) Announces Updated CMS Evidence of Coverage for Cologuard
- Target (TGT) November/December Comps Fell 1.3%; Lowers Guidance
- US Drone Market Could Reach 6 Million By 2019 - Oppenheimer
- Eli Lilly (LLY) to Acquire CoLucid Pharmaceuticals (CLCD) for $960M
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Exact Sciences Corp. (Nasdaq: EXAS) announced that the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) issued an updated Evidence of Coverage notice for Medicare Advantage plans that affirms such plans must include coverage of Cologuard every three years without patient coinsurance, copayments or deductibles.
"The CMS update assures patients and physicians that Cologuard is covered by Medicare Advantage plans without any out-of-pocket costs," said Kevin Conroy, chairman and CEO of Exact Sciences. "The update is also significant because it reflects CMS' recognition that Cologuard is an A-graded preventive service under the recently updated USPSTF colorectal cancer screening recommendations. CMS requires Medicare Advantage plans to cover A-graded services without patient cost sharing."
CMS recently issued its 2017 model Evidence of Coverage notice for Medicare Advantage Organizations and included stool DNA-based colorectal cancer screening for first time. In 2016, 17.6 million Americans were enrolled in Medicare Advantage plans. This represents 31 percent of Medicare beneficiaries.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ayretrade, Inc. (SUMM) Appoints David Roblin as COO
- Materion Corp. (MTRN) Announces Two Patents for Fabrication Process of BrushForm 158
- McKesson in record $150 million U.S. settlement over suspicious drug orders
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!