Etsy (ETSY) Adds New Board Member
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Etsy, Inc. (Nasdaq: ETSY) announced that its Board of Directors has appointed Josh Silverman to the Etsy Board, effective immediately.
Josh has deep experience leading consumer technology companies and scaling global marketplaces. Over the course of his career as an executive, he has led product development and innovation, driven increased customer adoption at massive scale, implemented brand and marketing initiatives, and delivered strong financial results.
"Josh brings a powerful blend of technology, consumer product, and e-commerce experience to Etsy's board, making him a great addition." said Chad Dickerson, Etsy, Inc. CEO and Chair. "He has a proven track record of delivering rapid growth for some of the most loved consumer and technology brands in the world, and we are excited for him to provide valuable insights as we continue to execute and build for the long term."
"I've always admired Etsy's loyal community, the global nature of its markets, and its innovative approach to commerce. I look forward to sharing my experiences and contributing to the future direction and growth of the company," added Josh.
With Josh's appointment, Etsy's Board has expanded to seven members. Josh has also been appointed to the Compensation Committee, effectively immediately, and Fred Wilson has stepped down from the Compensation Committee. Fred Wilson, our lead independent director, continues to serve on the Audit Committee and as Chair of the Nominating and Corporate Governance Committee. Jonathan Klein has been appointed Chair of the Compensation Committee.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Sears Holdings (SHLD) Director Mnuchin Resigns Amid Trump Nod
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX): Regardless Of CEO Transition, Multiple Will Contract - Buckingham
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!