Equity Residential (EQR) to Sell Real Estate Portfolio in $1.5B Deal with Goldman, Greystar (GS)
- Apple, Inc. (AAPL) Tops Q2 EPS by $1.44; Announces 7-for-1 Stock Split
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 04/24: (KOOL) (SGYP) (MPET) Higher; (HEAR) (CLFD) (SILC) Lower
- Apple (AAPL) a Shoe-In for the Dow Amid Stock Split
- Zimmer (ZMH) to Acquire Biomet in ~$13.35B Deal
- UPS (UPS) Misses Q1 EPS by 10c; Sees FY14 EPS at Low-End of Range
Equity Residential (NYSE: EQR) announced that the company has entered into an agreement to sell a portfolio of assets to a joint venture of the Real Estate Principal Investment Area of Goldman, Sachs & Co. (NYSE: GS) and Greystar Real Estate Partners LLC for $1.5 billion. The transaction values the 27 properties at approximately $187,000 per apartment unit and a capitalization rate in the mid to high 5% range. Per the agreement, Equity Residential has granted the buyer the right to exclude up to 8% of the value of these assets from their purchase. As a result, Goldman Sachs and Greystar have the contractual right to acquire all of the assets for $1.5 billion but are obligated to purchase not less than $1.38 billion of assets. The buyers have deposited $150 million in escrow and have waived their due diligence contingency. The transaction is expected to be completed in two separate closings, both of which will occur in the first quarter of 2013.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ku6 Media Co., Ltd. (KUTV) CEO Resigns; Plans 40% Headcount Reduction
- Qualcomm, Inc. (QCOM) Gets SEC Wells Notice on China Bribery Allegations
- OncoGenex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (OGXI) Higher on FDA Fast Track Status
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Hot M&A, Market Check
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!