Equity Residential (EQR) to Sell Real Estate Portfolio in $1.5B Deal with Goldman, Greystar (GS)
- Top 10 News for 8/18 - 8/22: Apple Back to Record Highs; Ballmer Bids Microsoft 'Adieu'; Dollar Store M&A Saga Continues
- Yellen Jackson Hole Speech: Labor Market Dynamics and Monetary Policy
- It's About Time Apple (AAPL) Price Targets Started Moving Higher
- Dynegy (DYN) to Acquire Duke Energy's (DUK) Midwest Generation Assets in $6.25B Deal
- Murata Electronics to Acquire Peregrine Semi (PSMI) in Net $465M Deal
Equity Residential (NYSE: EQR) announced that the company has entered into an agreement to sell a portfolio of assets to a joint venture of the Real Estate Principal Investment Area of Goldman, Sachs & Co. (NYSE: GS) and Greystar Real Estate Partners LLC for $1.5 billion. The transaction values the 27 properties at approximately $187,000 per apartment unit and a capitalization rate in the mid to high 5% range. Per the agreement, Equity Residential has granted the buyer the right to exclude up to 8% of the value of these assets from their purchase. As a result, Goldman Sachs and Greystar have the contractual right to acquire all of the assets for $1.5 billion but are obligated to purchase not less than $1.38 billion of assets. The buyers have deposited $150 million in escrow and have waived their due diligence contingency. The transaction is expected to be completed in two separate closings, both of which will occur in the first quarter of 2013.
You May Also Be Interested In
- BofA (BAC) Enters $16.7B Settlement with DoJ Over RMBS Investigation
- AMSC (AMSC) Reports $15M Follow-On Order From Inox Wind, Reiterates FY Guidance
- CHC Group (HELI) Receives $500M Investment from Clayton, Dubilier & Rice
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Hot M&A, Market Check
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!