Engility Holdings (EGL) Awarded $10M Task Order to Combat Chikungunya Virus
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Engility Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: EGL), today announced it was awarded a $10 million task order by the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research to conduct clinical trials for vaccines to combat the mosquito-borne Chikungunya virus. The task order was awarded under the $900 million indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity (IDIQ) medical product research and development (MPRD) contract for the U.S. Army Medical Research and Materiel Command.
“Our company has a long history of providing innovative medical research,” said Engility CEO Lynn Dugle. “With this contract, our Engility medical experts will work side-by-side with the researchers at the Walter Reed Institute to fight Chikungunya and protect our men and women in uniform and all of those vulnerable to this virus.”
Chikungunya, which has no vaccine, causes fever and joint pain. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, there were 1.7 million cases in the Americas in 2015, and it entered the continental United States for the first time in July 2016. Engility will assist the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research in gaining a better understanding of the efficacy of potential vaccines and any adverse impacts through these clinical trials.
The new 5-year contract was awarded in the third quarter and expands the company’s work in medical health and clinical trials.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- XPO Logistics (XPO) Announces $558M Divestiture of American Truckload Operation to TransForce
- Apple (AAPL) Launches All-New MacBook Pro; Will Start at $1,499
- WSFS Financial (WSFS) Misses Q3 EPS by 10c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Related EntitiesTwitter, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!