Engility Holdings (EGL) Awarded $10M Task Order to Combat Chikungunya Virus
- Dow set to open at record high; oil hits $55
- Oil tops $55 for first time in 16 months as OPEC deal fuels buying
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Wall St. stock futures fall after Italy referendum
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/05: (FRP) (GMED) (CHK) Higher; (CERC) (HDSN) (MRVL) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Engility Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: EGL), today announced it was awarded a $10 million task order by the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research to conduct clinical trials for vaccines to combat the mosquito-borne Chikungunya virus. The task order was awarded under the $900 million indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity (IDIQ) medical product research and development (MPRD) contract for the U.S. Army Medical Research and Materiel Command.
“Our company has a long history of providing innovative medical research,” said Engility CEO Lynn Dugle. “With this contract, our Engility medical experts will work side-by-side with the researchers at the Walter Reed Institute to fight Chikungunya and protect our men and women in uniform and all of those vulnerable to this virus.”
Chikungunya, which has no vaccine, causes fever and joint pain. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, there were 1.7 million cases in the Americas in 2015, and it entered the continental United States for the first time in July 2016. Engility will assist the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research in gaining a better understanding of the efficacy of potential vaccines and any adverse impacts through these clinical trials.
The new 5-year contract was awarded in the third quarter and expands the company’s work in medical health and clinical trials.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- LPL Financial (LPLA) Announces Retirement of LPL Financial LLC CEO Cassidy
- Federal-Mogul (FDML) Unit Acquires OR Parts Provider Beck/Arnley
- Hilton Worldwide (HLT) Board Approves Park Hotels & Resorts and Hilton Grand Vacations Spin-off, 1-for-13 Reverse Stock Split
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Related EntitiesTwitter, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!