Engility Holdings (EGL) Awarded $10M Task Order to Combat Chikungunya Virus
- S&P 500, Nasdaq set records as tech, banks lead
- Texas Instruments (TXN) Tops Q4 EPS by 20c, Issues Solid Q1 Outlook
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) Tops Q4 EPS by 10c; $2B Accelerated Share Repurchase
- Seagate Technology (STX) Tops Q2 EPS by 30c
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/24: (BOBE) (STX) (WDC) Higher; (NEWT) (MRCY) (CA) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Engility Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: EGL), today announced it was awarded a $10 million task order by the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research to conduct clinical trials for vaccines to combat the mosquito-borne Chikungunya virus. The task order was awarded under the $900 million indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity (IDIQ) medical product research and development (MPRD) contract for the U.S. Army Medical Research and Materiel Command.
“Our company has a long history of providing innovative medical research,” said Engility CEO Lynn Dugle. “With this contract, our Engility medical experts will work side-by-side with the researchers at the Walter Reed Institute to fight Chikungunya and protect our men and women in uniform and all of those vulnerable to this virus.”
Chikungunya, which has no vaccine, causes fever and joint pain. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, there were 1.7 million cases in the Americas in 2015, and it entered the continental United States for the first time in July 2016. Engility will assist the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research in gaining a better understanding of the efficacy of potential vaccines and any adverse impacts through these clinical trials.
The new 5-year contract was awarded in the third quarter and expands the company’s work in medical health and clinical trials.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Horizon Global (HZN) Offfers Prelim. FY16 Results
- CBS Corp. (CBS) and Meredith (MDP) Announce Affiliation Renewals, Digital Distribution Deal
- Paramount Group (PGRE), GIC Form Joint Venture and Acquire 60 Wall Street
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Related EntitiesTwitter, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!