EnerNOC (ENOC) Japan Receives New Demand Response Contract
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports Q4 EPS of $1.71
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
EnerNOC, Inc. (Nasdaq: ENOC) announced that EnerNOC Japan has been awarded a new demand response (DR) contract this summer for a project sponsored by the Institute of Applied Energy (IAE). Since 2013, EnerNOC Japan has participated in several government-sponsored DR projects and government-administrated working groups to help the government of Japan create and design the DR market in the country.
This latest project is designed as a proof-of-concept for demand response to act as a balancing reserve between Japan’s major Transmission, Distribution, and System Operators (TDSOs). Along with emergency demand response resources, which are designed to thwart blackouts and brownouts due to unexpected high demand or a sudden decrease in supply, the project demonstrates demand response as a balancing resource that corrects for smaller, shorter-term imbalances between supply and demand.
"This new project is another step forward in the unprecedented electricity market reform occurring in Japan, and it will help cement the importance of demand-side management not only in Japan, but across the globe as well," said David Brewster, President and co-founder of EnerNOC.
EnerNOC is managing new Negawatt portfolios in Japan this summer, seeking to repeat its performance in last year’s project as the provider of the largest and most reliable demand response capacity.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Norwood Financial Corp (NWFL) Names William Davis, Jr. as Chairman of the Board
- Tucows (TCX) Names Co-Founder Brad Burnham to Board of Directors
- Prologis (PLD) Plans to Consolidates Two European Funds
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!