Endologix (ELGX) Announces Presentation of Nellix EVAS System Post-Market Study Data in AAA Patients
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Endologix, Inc. (NASDAQ: ELGX) announced the presentation of two-year clinical data from the Company's EVAS FORWARD - Global Registry, a post-market study that prospectively enrolled patients with abdominal aortic aneurysms ("AAAs") who were treated with the Nellix® EndoVascular Aneurysm Sealing System ("Nellix EVAS System"). Andrew Holden, MD, Associate Professor of Radiology at Auckland City Hospital (Auckland, New Zealand) and one of the principal investigators of the EVAS FORWARD - Global Registry, presented the results at the 2016 VEITH symposium.
The Global Registry data covers a total of 300 patients treated with the Nellix system, enrolled in Europe and New Zealand, with two-year follow-up. Key highlights from the data included:
- 37% of the patients had complex anatomies
- 98% freedom from any persistent endoleaks at latest follow-up
- No secondary interventions for Type II endoleaks
- 97% freedom from aneurysm-related mortality
- 99% freedom from cardiovascular mortality
These data continue to support positive outcomes in a real world patient population that had no screening or anatomical restrictions at enrollment, and constitute the broadest range of aortic anatomies for any prospective endovascular AAA study.
Dr. Holden commented, “The two-year results from the EVAS FORWARD – Global Registry confirm the significant potential for EVAS with Nellix to treat a broad range of patients and provide excellent results, especially within the indications for use. In addition, the continued low rates of aneurysm and cardiovascular-related mortality suggest that EVAS with Nellix may provide additional benefits beyond traditional EVAR.”
John McDermott, Chief Executive Officer of Endologix, said, “We are encouraged by the two-year results from the Nellix EVAS FORWARD – Global Registry and have validated that EVAS with Nellix provides the lowest rates of endoleak of all endovascular AAA technologies. We’d like to thank the study investigators for their ongoing contributions and look forward to initiating Phase 2 of the Registry to include the Nellix Gen2 system and our refined indications, which we expect will provide exceptional clinical outcomes.”
The Nellix EVAS System is a new generation of AAA therapy designed to seal the entire abdominal aortic aneurysm sac. It is the first and only EVAS product and was developed to reduce all types of endoleaks and improve long-term patient outcomes. Nellix is an investigational device in the United States.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Genomic Health (GHDX) Reports Results from Multiple Oncotype DX Studies
- Titan Int'l (TWI) Promotes Paul Reitz to Chief Executive Officer
- Network-1 Technologies (NTIP) Approves Initial 5c Semi-Annual Dividend
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!