Encana (ECA) to Offer 107M Shares of Common Stock
- Banks, telecoms lead Wall Street up; another Dow record
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- bluebird bio (BLUE) to Offer $200M of Common Stock
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c, Raises FY Revenue Guidance
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/06: (PLAY) (ANTH) (WDC) Higher; (AVAV) (ESV) (BLUE) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Encana Corporation (NYSE: ECA) announced today that it intends to conduct a public offering ("Offering") of 107,000,000 common shares ("Shares") of Encana. Encana expects to grant the underwriters, led by Credit Suisse Securities (Canada), Inc. and J.P. Morgan, a 30-day over-allotment option to purchase up to 16,050,000 additional Shares. The price of the Offering is anticipated to be established later today following marketing of the Offering by the underwriters.
Encana intends to use approximately half of the net proceeds received from the sale of the Shares to fund a portion of its 2017 capital program. The remaining proceeds will be used to enhance Encana's balance sheet flexibility by repaying indebtedness under its credit facilities. The majority of the 2017 capital program is expected to be allocated to growing Encana's Permian production through increasing the number of rigs in the play, which is expected to result in approximately two times as many Permian wells on stream in 2017 as compared to 2016. The allocation of proceeds may vary depending upon numerous factors, including changes in commodity prices and increased capital efficiency.
The Offering is expected to close on or about September 23, 2016. Completion of the Offering is subject to, and conditional upon, the receipt of all necessary approvals, including approval of the Toronto Stock Exchange and the New York Stock Exchange.
The Offering is being made by means of a base prospectus and related prospectus supplements.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions 12/6: (ROP) (SNCR)/(IL) (EQIX)/(VZ) (GDDY) (OCIP)
- Columbus McKinnon (CMCO) to Acquire STAHL in ~$486M Deal
- Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC Fined $16.5M by FINRA over AML Supervision, Other Violations
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Equity Offerings
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse, JPMorgan
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!