Encana (ECA) to Offer 107M Shares of Common Stock
- Wall Street rises as tech, discretionary stocks gain
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 9/27: (GI) (DRRX) (KTOV) Higher; (CVM) (CZR) (AOI) Lower
- Boston Scientific (BSX) to Acquire EndoChoice (GI) in ~$210M Deal
- Oil down 3 percent on fading hopes for output deal in Algiers
- Dollar gains against euro on Deutsche Bank fears, falls vs Mexican peso
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Encana Corporation (NYSE: ECA) announced today that it intends to conduct a public offering ("Offering") of 107,000,000 common shares ("Shares") of Encana. Encana expects to grant the underwriters, led by Credit Suisse Securities (Canada), Inc. and J.P. Morgan, a 30-day over-allotment option to purchase up to 16,050,000 additional Shares. The price of the Offering is anticipated to be established later today following marketing of the Offering by the underwriters.
Encana intends to use approximately half of the net proceeds received from the sale of the Shares to fund a portion of its 2017 capital program. The remaining proceeds will be used to enhance Encana's balance sheet flexibility by repaying indebtedness under its credit facilities. The majority of the 2017 capital program is expected to be allocated to growing Encana's Permian production through increasing the number of rigs in the play, which is expected to result in approximately two times as many Permian wells on stream in 2017 as compared to 2016. The allocation of proceeds may vary depending upon numerous factors, including changes in commodity prices and increased capital efficiency.
The Offering is expected to close on or about September 23, 2016. Completion of the Offering is subject to, and conditional upon, the receipt of all necessary approvals, including approval of the Toronto Stock Exchange and the New York Stock Exchange.
The Offering is being made by means of a base prospectus and related prospectus supplements.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Medical Properties Trust (MPW) Prices Larger 50M Common Stock Offering at $14.50/Share
- JPMorgan Downgrades Columbia Pipeline Partners, L.P. (CPPL) to Neutral
- Landec Completes New Credit Facility Lowering Interest Expense and Increasing Flexibility for Five-Year Growth Plan
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Equity Offerings
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse, JPMorgan
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!