Enanta Pharma (ENTA) Presents Data on Non-Fusion Inhibitor of RSV
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Enanta Pharmaceuticals, Inc., (Nasdaq: ENTA) announced that a poster presentation on one of the lead compounds in its RSV program was presented today at the 10th Annual Respiratory Syncytial Virus conference taking place September 28 through October 1, in Patagonia, Argentina.
Data presented in a poster titled, EP-023938, A Novel Non-Fusion Replication Inhibitor of Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV), M.H. J. Rhodin, et al., demonstrated that EP-023938 is a potent inhibitor of both RSV-A and RSV-B activity, maintaining antiviral activity post-infection while presenting a high barrier to resistance. Further, EP-023938 maintained antiviral potency across all clinical isolates tested as well as virus that was resistant to fusion inhibitors. Given this favorable preclinical profile, along with demonstrated synergy with inhibitors of other mechanisms, Enanta plans to continue evaluation of EP-023938 as a potential development candidate for RSV.
EP-023938 is a non-fusion inhibitor and one of several discovered by Enanta for potential development for RSV. Enanta believes that its approach differentiates its compounds from fusion inhibitors currently in development for RSV because its non-fusion inhibitors directly target the virus replication machinery and have demonstrated high barriers to resistance against the virus in vitro. Additionally, non-fusion inhibitors have the potential of being effective at later stages of infection.
The abstract can be viewed at http://www.rsv16.org/.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- Bonanza Creek Energy (BCEI) Announces Receipt of Continued Listing Standard Notice from NYSE
- Skyline Medical (SKLN) Appoints New CEO, Board Member
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!