Enanta Pharma (ENTA) Presents Data on Non-Fusion Inhibitor of RSV
- Health, energy stocks hit Wall Street, Microsoft lifts Nasdaq
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/21: (ALKS) (CXRX) (CERC) Higher; (SGY) (MBRX) (STS) Lower
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Enanta Pharmaceuticals, Inc., (Nasdaq: ENTA) announced that a poster presentation on one of the lead compounds in its RSV program was presented today at the 10th Annual Respiratory Syncytial Virus conference taking place September 28 through October 1, in Patagonia, Argentina.
Data presented in a poster titled, EP-023938, A Novel Non-Fusion Replication Inhibitor of Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV), M.H. J. Rhodin, et al., demonstrated that EP-023938 is a potent inhibitor of both RSV-A and RSV-B activity, maintaining antiviral activity post-infection while presenting a high barrier to resistance. Further, EP-023938 maintained antiviral potency across all clinical isolates tested as well as virus that was resistant to fusion inhibitors. Given this favorable preclinical profile, along with demonstrated synergy with inhibitors of other mechanisms, Enanta plans to continue evaluation of EP-023938 as a potential development candidate for RSV.
EP-023938 is a non-fusion inhibitor and one of several discovered by Enanta for potential development for RSV. Enanta believes that its approach differentiates its compounds from fusion inhibitors currently in development for RSV because its non-fusion inhibitors directly target the virus replication machinery and have demonstrated high barriers to resistance against the virus in vitro. Additionally, non-fusion inhibitors have the potential of being effective at later stages of infection.
The abstract can be viewed at http://www.rsv16.org/.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Flowers Foods (FLO) Refutes Analyst Commentary on Legal Standing
- Eaton Vance (EV) to Acquire Ameritas Holding's Calvert Investment Management
- Concordia International (CXRX) CEO to Step Down
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!