Emmis Communications (EMMS) Announces $5.2M Radio Stations Sale
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Emmis Communications Corporation (Nasdaq: EMMS) has announced agreements to sell Terre Haute's WTHI-FM 99.9 FM, WWVR-FM 105.5 The River, WFNB-FM B92.7, and WFNF-AM 1130AM/99.5FM The Fan. The sales will deliver gross proceeds to the Company of $5.2 million.
Emmis will sell the assets of WTHI-FM and the intellectual property of WWVR-FM to Midwest Communications, Inc. for $4.3 million. Midwest Communications is a family-owned media company with radio properties in Wisconsin, Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Indiana, Illinois and Tennessee. Headquartered in Wausau, WI, Midwest Communications was founded in 1958.
Emmis will also sell the assets of WFNF-AM, WFNB-FM and WWVR (other than the IP for that station) for $0.9 million to DLC Media, Inc., a company owned by Dave Crooks, who operates radio stations in other Indiana markets.
Because Midwest is currently at FCC ownership limits in the Terre Haute market, Midwest is also selling one of its stations, WDKE-FM, to DLC Media.
These three transactions are cross conditioned and will result in gross proceeds to Emmis at closing of $5.2 million, subject to working capital adjustments.
Emmis has owned WTHI and WWVR since 1998, adding WFNB and WFNF in 2012. The transaction is subject to FCC approval and is expected to close after the first of the year.
"The sale of our stations in Terre Haute, while difficult, will help us further our goal of de-levering our balance sheet," said Emmis Chairman & CEO Jeff Smulyan. "We are thrilled the buyers value radio and have long traditions of success in smaller markets, like Terre Haute. I'd also like to thank our people at these stations. They have been tremendous stewards of their brands and wonderful ambassadors of Emmis' culture. We wish them continued success."
Kalil & Co., Inc. served as the broker in the transaction.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rhône Enters Agreement o Acquire Zodiac from Carlyle Group (CG)
- Misonix (MSON) Interim CEO Stavros Vizirgianakis Acquires 761K Shares
- Providence Service (PRSC) to Sell Majority Stake in Matrix Medical Network
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Spinoffs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!