Emergent BioSolutions (EBS) Updates on BioThrax Talks with CDC; Follow-on Procurement Contract Still in Negotiations
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Emergent BioSolutions Inc. (NYSE : EBS) provided an update on the status of its 2011 BioThrax (Anthrax Vaccine Adsorbed) procurement contract and the status of its discussions with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for a follow-on procurement contract for BioThrax.
2011 Procurement Contract
CDC has exercised an option to procure all remaining BioThrax doses, thereby committing to take delivery of the full 44.75 million doses, under the procurement contract announced on October 3, 2011 and due to expire September 30, 2016. In concert with this option exercise, CDC has granted a no-cost extension to enable delivery of the remaining doses to be completed by November 30, 2016.
Follow-On Procurement Contract
The company remains in active negotiations with CDC with respect to the Sole Source Notification (2016-N-17905) issued in June indicating CDC’s intention to award Emergent a contract for the purchase of 29.4 million doses of BioThrax over five years. The company will provide more clarity upon finalization of the contract.
BioThrax, the only anthrax vaccine licensed by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), is indicated for both pre-exposure prophylaxis and post-exposure prophylaxis of anthrax disease.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mallinckrodt (MNK) to Pay $100M to Settle FTC, State Charges for Violating Antitrust Laws
- Duke Energy (DUK) Reaches Settlement to Resolve Florida Power Plant Lawsuit
- Raytheon (RTN) Elects James Winnefeld Jr. to Board of Directors
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!