Emergent BioSolutions (EBS) Updates on BioThrax Talks with CDC; Follow-on Procurement Contract Still in Negotiations
- Healthcare, tech stocks drive Wall Street higher
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
- Tesla (TSLA) Posts Q3 adj.-EPS of 71c
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/27: (PRQR) (OCN) (TWTR) Higher; (CYH) (GNC) (RNWK) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Emergent BioSolutions Inc. (NYSE : EBS) provided an update on the status of its 2011 BioThrax (Anthrax Vaccine Adsorbed) procurement contract and the status of its discussions with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for a follow-on procurement contract for BioThrax.
2011 Procurement Contract
CDC has exercised an option to procure all remaining BioThrax doses, thereby committing to take delivery of the full 44.75 million doses, under the procurement contract announced on October 3, 2011 and due to expire September 30, 2016. In concert with this option exercise, CDC has granted a no-cost extension to enable delivery of the remaining doses to be completed by November 30, 2016.
Follow-On Procurement Contract
The company remains in active negotiations with CDC with respect to the Sole Source Notification (2016-N-17905) issued in June indicating CDC’s intention to award Emergent a contract for the purchase of 29.4 million doses of BioThrax over five years. The company will provide more clarity upon finalization of the contract.
BioThrax, the only anthrax vaccine licensed by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), is indicated for both pre-exposure prophylaxis and post-exposure prophylaxis of anthrax disease.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- EQT Corp. (EQT) Tops Q3 EPS by 15c; Announces CEO Succession
- Pinnacle Foods (PF) Names New Corp. Development SVP
- NV5 Global (NVEE) Enters Agreement to Acquire JBA Consulting Engineers; Updates FY16 Outlook
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!