Emergent BioSolutions (EBS) Updates on BioThrax Talks with CDC; Follow-on Procurement Contract Still in Negotiations
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Emergent BioSolutions Inc. (NYSE : EBS) provided an update on the status of its 2011 BioThrax (Anthrax Vaccine Adsorbed) procurement contract and the status of its discussions with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for a follow-on procurement contract for BioThrax.
2011 Procurement Contract
CDC has exercised an option to procure all remaining BioThrax doses, thereby committing to take delivery of the full 44.75 million doses, under the procurement contract announced on October 3, 2011 and due to expire September 30, 2016. In concert with this option exercise, CDC has granted a no-cost extension to enable delivery of the remaining doses to be completed by November 30, 2016.
Follow-On Procurement Contract
The company remains in active negotiations with CDC with respect to the Sole Source Notification (2016-N-17905) issued in June indicating CDC’s intention to award Emergent a contract for the purchase of 29.4 million doses of BioThrax over five years. The company will provide more clarity upon finalization of the contract.
BioThrax, the only anthrax vaccine licensed by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), is indicated for both pre-exposure prophylaxis and post-exposure prophylaxis of anthrax disease.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- MarketAxess Holdings (MKTX) Announces Monthly Performance Results for November 2016
- Senseonics Holdings (SENS) Enters Expanded Distribution Agreement with Roche (RHHBY)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!