Emergent BioSolutions (EBS), Integrated BioTherapeutics Enter Equine-Based Hyperimmunoglobulin Licensing Agreement
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Integrated BioTherapeutics (IBT) announced today that it has entered into an exclusive worldwide license agreement with Emergent BioSolutions Inc. (NYSE: EBS) whereby Emergent will gain exclusive rights to use IBT's proprietary vaccine antigens and know-how in a joint research, development, and manufacturing collaboration focused on an equine-based hyperimmunoglobulin for the treatment of hemorrhagic fever caused by Filoviruses. Financial terms of the agreement are not disclosed.
Filoviruses, including Ebola, Sudan, Bundibugyo, and Marburg viruses, cause a highly fatal disease in humans. The 2014-2015 Western Africa Ebola virus disease (EVD) outbreak caused approximately 29,000 infections and more than 11,000 deaths. While significant progress has been made towards vaccines and therapeutics for the Zaire strain of Ebola virus, the strain that caused the 2014 outbreak, the development of therapeutics against other filoviruses is lagging. The goal of this multivalent equine product is to protect against multiple filovirus strains.
"Effective post-exposure therapeutics against filoviruses is critically important for control of future outbreaks of these deadly infections," said Dr. M. Javad Aman, IBT's President and Chief Scientific Officer. "It is impossible to predict which filovirus strain will cause the next outbreak and therefore, our focus should be to develop therapeutics that can provide broad protection."
The development of this critically important hyperimmune product candidate is being directed under the auspices of a collaboration between IBT, Emergent, Auburn University, Public Health Agency of Canada, and US Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases (USAMRIID). Emergent, supported by IBT and their network of collaborators, intend to develop this product candidate towards approval by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for treatment of filovirus hemorrhagic fever. Once approved, the product may be produced for inclusion in the Strategic National Stockpile for emergency use or in response to possible future outbreaks.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Emergent BioSolutions (EBS) Signs $911M CDC Follow-On Contract for Anthrax Vaccine
- Emergent BioSolutions to Support HHS Anthrax Preparedness Strategy With Up to $1 Billion in BioThrax Deliveries to the Strategic National Stockpile
- BlackBerry (BBRY) Launches Security-Focused Enterprise of Things Platform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!