Eli Lilly & Co. (LLY) Unit to Acquire Rabies Vaccine Portfolio from Boehringer Ingelheim
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica Inc. (BIVI) announced an agreement with Elanco U.S., Inc., a subsidiary of Eli Lilly and Company (NYSE: LLY), to sell a portfolio of U.S. canine, feline and rabies vaccines, as well as a fully integrated manufacturing and R&D site, to Elanco. The sale price of $885 million includes the estimated cost of acquired inventory. The deal is conditioned on antitrust approval and closing of the Boehringer Ingelheim (BI) asset swap transaction with Sanofi that was signed in June 2016.
"This agreement is an important step toward a successful acquisition of Merial," said Dr. Albrecht Kissel, president and CEO of Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica Inc. "This was a highly complex decision from a business and from an emotional perspective. It was certainly not taken lightly particularly in view of the history and significant positive developments of this business over the past years."
"We are confident that, under Elanco's leadership, customers will continue to have access to these innovative vaccines and the portfolio will have strong support," Kissel added.
The current BIVI vaccine portfolio has experienced consistent revenue growth over the past three years. Just this year, the company launched two new vaccines, ULTRA™ Hybrid™ FVRCP and ULTRA™ Duramune® Lyme, both available in the innovative 0.5mL dose developed by BIVI.
The sale to Elanco is anticipated to close by early 2017 subject to approval by the Federal Trade Commission, and other contingencies.
Products included within the proposed Elanco acquisition:
- Duramune® Max 5/4L
- Duramune® Max 5
- Duramune® Max 5-Cvk/4L
- Duramune® Max 5-Cvk
- Duramune® Max Pv
- Duramune® CV-K
- Duramune® Max PC
- Duramune® Adult 3
- LeptoVax® 4
- LeptoVax® 4/C
- Bronchi-Shield® ORAL
- Bronchi-Shield® III
- Duramune Lyme®
- Duramune Lyme® +LeptoVax® 4
- Duramune Lyme® +Leptovax® 4/C
- Duramune Lyme® +Max 5/4L
- Duramune Lyme® +Max5-CvK/4L
- Duramune Lyme® +Max5-CvK
- ULTRA™ Duramune® DAP+4L
- ULTRA™ Duramune® DAP
- ULTRA™ Duramune® 4L
- ULTRA™ Duramune® DAP+C4L
- ULTRA™ Duramune® DAP+C
- ULTRA™ Duramune® Lyme
- Fel-O-Vax Lv-K® III + CaliciVax®
- Fel-O-Vax® Lv-K®
- Fel-O-Vax® Lv-K/FIV
- Fel-O-Vax® IV+CaliciVax®
- Fel-O-Vax® PCT+CaliciVax®
- Fel-O-Vax® Lv-K IV+CaliciVax®
- Fel-O-Vax® FIV
- ULTRA™ Fel-O-Vax® FVRCP+FeLV
- ULTRA™ Fel-O-Vax® FVRCP
- ULTRA™ Fel-O-Vax® FeLV
- ULTRA™ Fel-O-Vax® Dual FCV
- ULTRA™ Hybrid™ FVRCP
- Fel-O-Guard® Plus 3
- Fel-O-Guard® Plus 3+Lv-K
- Fel-O-Guard® Plus 4
- Fel-O-Guard® Plus 4 +Lv-K
- Rabvac® 3
- Rabvac® 1
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Perma-Fix (PESI) Names S. Robert Cochran to Board of Directors
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY), Ono Enter Settlement and License Agreement with Merck (MRK) to Resolve PD-1 Antibody Patent Litigation
- DryShips (DRYS) Acquires Its First VLGC With 5 Year Time Charter Attached to Oil Major
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!