Eleven Biotherapeutics (EBIO) Announces Effectiveness of Exclusive IL-6 Tech Licensing Agreement with Roche
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Eleven Biotherapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: EBIO) announced the effectiveness of the exclusive licensing deal with F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd. and Hoffmann-La Roche Inc. (Roche). Eleven has granted Roche an exclusive, worldwide license to develop and commercialize EBI-031 and all other IL-6 antagonist antibody technology owned by Eleven. EBI-031 is a humanized monoclonal antibody that potently binds interleukin-6 (IL-6) and inhibits all known forms of IL-6 cytokine signaling. EBI-031 is currently in development for the treatment of ocular diseases. Eleven is entitled to receive $30 million in payments from Roche, including a $7.5 million upfront payment in connection with the effectiveness of the license agreement, and a $22.5 million milestone payment based on the Investigational New Drug application (IND) for EBI-031 becoming effective.
Under the terms of the agreement, Eleven could receive up to an additional $240 million upon the achievement of certain future regulatory, development and commercialization milestones. In addition, Eleven could be entitled to receive royalties for net sales of potential future products containing EBI-031 or any other potential future products containing other Eleven IL-6 compounds.
“With the completion of this licensing deal and the IND being effective, we look forward to the future clinical advancement of EBI-031 by Roche as they explore its potential use for ocular diseases, including diabetic macular edema,” said Abbie Celniker, Ph.D., President and Chief Executive Officer of Eleven Biotherapeutics.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Summit Hotel Properties (INN) Appoints Daniel Hansen as Chairman of the Board
- Mallinckrodt (MNK) Set to be Charged for Using Monopoly to Jack Up Price - NYP
- General Motors (GM) confirms $1M SEC Ignition Switch Settlement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!