Elbit Imaging's (EMITF) InSightec Enter MRgFUS Development Agreement with Siemens
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Elbit Imaging Ltd. (Nasdaq: EMITF) announced, in furtherance to the announcement dated April 18, 2016, that INSIGHTEC Ltd. ("INSIGHTEC"), has signed a non-exclusive cooperation agreement with Siemens Healthcare GmbH ("Siemens"), a leading manufacturer and developer of diagnostic imaging equipment in general and Magnetic Resonance scanners specifically, to develop compatibility between INSIGHTEC’s MRI guided Focused Ultrasound Systems (MRgFUS) and Siemens MRI scanners (the "Systems") with the intention to expand the MRgFUS market globally (the "Agreement").
According to the Agreement, the Parties will cooperate regarding the performance of R&D, integration, testing and approving the compatibility of the Parties' Systems.
Each Party shall be solely responsible, at its own cost, to obtain the regulatory approval for its systems, and InSightec shall be solely responsible, at its sole cost, to obtain the regulatory approval for the combined system. Each Party shall bear all of its internal and external costs relating to its performance under the Agreement, except that InSightec shall reimburse Siemens an amount agreed upon in the Agreement, for its R&D costs.
The Agreement also determines that each Party shall act independently in the marketing and sales of its component portion of the Combined System, and determines the amount InSightec shall pay Siemens for sales of the Combined Systems.
The term of the Agreement is five (5) years from the first commercial sale of the combined system and shall automatically renew for additional 1-year periods, unless either Party has provided a notice for its non-renewal or of its termination, in accordance with the terms of the Agreement.
Each Party shall have a limited liability towards the other Party for direct damages only. In addition, each Party is required to maintain a minimal insurance coverage for the purpose of the Agreement during the term of the Agreement and for a few years thereafter.
The Company holds approximately 89.9% of the share capital of Elbit Medical Technologies Ltd. (TASE:EMTC-M) (86.2% on a fully diluted basis) which, in turn, holds approximately 31.4% of the share capital in INSIGHTEC (25.6% on a fully diluted basis).
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY), Ono Enter Settlement and License Agreement with Merck (MRK) to Resolve PD-1 Antibody Patent Litigation
- DryShips (DRYS) Acquires Its First VLGC With 5 Year Time Charter Attached to Oil Major
- Minerva Neurosciences (NERV) Reports Additional Data Analyses From Phase IIb Trial of MIN-101 in Schizophrenia
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!