Eiger BioPharmaceuticals (EIGR) Doses First Patient in Phase 2 LIMT HDV Study
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Eiger BioPharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: EIGR) announced that the first patient was dosed in the Phase 2 LIMT HDV (Lambda Interferon MonoTherapy in HDV) study, a monotherapy trial of pegylated interferon lambda 1a ("Lambda") as a potential treatment for chronic hepatitis D virus (HDV) infection. LIMT HDV is a 30-patient study designed to evaluate the safety, tolerability and efficacy of two dose levels of Lambda after 48 weeks of treatment. LIMT HDV is an international study currently enrolling at University of Auckland in New Zealand with additional sites planned in Israel and Pakistan.
"We are excited to begin dosing HDV-infected patients with Lambda in the LIMT HDV study," said Eduardo Martins, MD, DPhil, Senior Vice President of Liver and Infectious Diseases Drug Development at Eiger. "We plan to explore Lambda alone and in combination with lonafarnib, our lead compound in Phase 2 development to treat HDV. Eiger now has multiple active anti-HDV agents in development, including an oral therapy and a subcutaneous injectable therapy to study alone and in combination toward the suppression or cure of HDV."
"Over recent years, patients with chronic hepatitis B and hepatitis C have benefited from huge advances in antiviral therapy for both diseases. Unfortunately HDV remains a huge unmet medical need because of the lack of any effective therapy for this most aggressive form of viral hepatitis. In many countries, HDV presents a real public health challenge," said Edward Gane, MD, Principal Investigator and Professor of Medicine at University of Auckland, New Zealand, and Chief Hepatologist, Transplant Physician and Deputy Director of the New Zealand Liver Transplant Unit, Auckland City Hospital. "We are delighted to have enrolled the first patient in LIMT HDV, a study that may lay the groundwork for development of Lambda in HDV infection."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Novavax (NVAX) Initiates Phase 2 Trial of RSV F Vaccine in Older Adults
- Catabasis Pharma (CATB) Edasalonexent Phase 1 Data Published for DMD in the Journal of Clinical Pharmacology
- Texas Instruments (TXN) Names Todd Bluedorn to Board of Directors
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!