Egalet (EGLT) Says FDA Will Not Meet October 14 PDUFA Date
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports Q4 EPS of $1.71
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Egalet Corporation (Nasdaq: EGLT) announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) will not meet the previously announced October 14 prescription drug user fee act (PDUFA) date for ARYMO™ ER (morphine sulfate).
"Today we were informed that the FDA has identified no particular issue with our application for ARYMO ER and that the Agency is working on the product label," said Bob Radie, president and chief executive officer. ""The FDA indicated that they need more time as they have done with other abuse-deterrent opioid NDAs, and confirmed that no additional scientific information or data is needed for our application. We will continue to work closely with the FDA to bring this important product to those living with chronic pain and the healthcare professionals who treat them."
On August 4, 2016 an FDA Advisory Committee voted 18 to 1 for approval of ARYMO ER and the Committee recommended ARYMO ER should be labeled as an abuse-deterrent product by the intravenous, nasal and oral routes of abuse. ARYMO ER is being developed for the management of pain severe enough to require daily, around-the-clock, long-term opioid treatment and for which alternative treatment options are inadequate. If approved, ARYMO ER would be the first product developed using Egalet's proprietary Guardian™ Technology—a physical and chemical barrier approach to abuse-deterrence that results in tablets that are difficult to manipulate for the purpose of misuse and abuse.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Egalet (EGLT) Halted on LUDP after Shares Give Up Gains Following Approval of Arymo ER
- Egalet (EGLT) to Resume Trading at 3:30 PM ET
- Merck (MRK) Announces FDA Accepts for Review the sBLA for KEYTRUDA; PDUFA Date May 10, 2017
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Related EntitiesPDUFA, AdCom
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!