Eaton (ETN), Cooper (CBE) Report Expiration of HSR Waiting Period
- Top 10 News for 12/02 - 12/06: Facebook Snubbed Again; Bitcoin Mania!; New Deal for Apple?
- U.S. Adds Jobs at Higher Clip in November, Unemployment Rate Falls to 7%
- Bitcoin Crashes 21%
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/06: (MBLX) (VIFL) (BLDP) Higher; (RALY) (ULTA) (SEAC) Lower
- Sears Holdings (SHLD) Files to Spin-Off Lands' End Unit
Eaton Corporation (NYSE: ETN) and Cooper Industries plc (NYSE: CBE) today announced that the waiting period for U.S. antitrust review under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976, as amended, relating to the previously announced acquisition of Cooper by Eaton, expired on Thursday, July 12, 2012. Expiration of the waiting period satisfies a condition to the closing of the transaction. The transaction remains subject to other customary closing conditions, including, among others, certain additional regulatory clearances and approval by the shareholders of both Eaton and Cooper.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Comcast (CMCSA) Looks to JPMorgan to Advise on Possible Time Warner Cable (TWC) Bid- Reuters
- GM (GM) to Fully Exit Ally Financial Investment
- Time Warner Cable (TWC) Names VP of Mergers and Acquisitions
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!