E*TRADE Financial (ETFC) DARTs Dell 20% in August 2016
- Wall Street dips as telecoms slump; AmEx surges
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- AMD (AMD) Posts Q3 Operating EPS of 3c; Sees Q4 Revenue Down Sequentially
- AT&T (T) Said to Discuss Idea of Takeover in Time Warner (TWX) Meetings
- Alkermes plc (ALKS) Announces Third ALKS 5461 Phase 3 Met Primary Endpoint in MDD
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
E*TRADE Financial Corporation (Nasdaq: ETFC) released its Monthly Activity Report for August 2016.
Daily Average Revenue Trades ("DARTs") for August were 143,831, a two percent decrease from July and a 20 percent decrease from the year-ago period. The Company added 31,481 gross new brokerage accounts in August and ended the month with approximately 3.3 million brokerage accounts—an increase of 7,308 from July.
Net new brokerage assets were $0.9 billion in the month. During the month, customer security holdings increased by $0.8 billion, and brokerage-related cash increased by $1.2 billion to $46.2 billion. Bank-related cash and deposits remained flat, ending the month at $5.2 billion. Customers were net sellers of approximately $0.4 billion in securities during the month.
Monthly Activity Data
|Aug-16||Jul-16||Aug-15||% Chg. M/M||% Chg. Y/Y|
|Gross new brokerage accounts||31,481||22,899||37,750||37.5||%||(16.6||)%|
|Gross new stock plan accounts||20,312||25,192||24,998||(19.4||)%||(18.7||)%|
|Gross new banking accounts||349||323||407||8.0||%||(14.3||)%|
|Total gross new accounts||52,142||48,414||63,155||7.7||%||(17.4||)%|
|Net new brokerage accounts||7,308||387||14,038||N.M.||N.M.|
|Net new stock plan accounts||3,412||12,095||9,532||N.M.||N.M.|
|Net new banking accounts||(1,880||)||(1,194||)||(2,055||)||N.M.||N.M.|
|Net new accounts||8,840||11,288||21,515||N.M.||N.M.|
|End of period brokerage accounts||3,284,785||3,277,477||3,203,487||0.2||%||2.5||%|
|End of period stock plan accounts||1,458,560||1,455,148||1,355,534||0.2||%||7.6||%|
|End of period banking accounts||326,651||328,531||346,791||(0.6||)%||(5.8||)%|
|End of period total accounts||5,069,996||5,061,156||4,905,812||0.2||%||3.3||%|
Customer Assets ($B)
|Customer assets held by third parties(1)||11.8||10.0||14.7||18.0||%||(19.7||)%|
|Customer payables (cash)||7.7||7.5||6.0||2.7||%||28.3||%|
|Brokerage customer assets||263.7||261.7||244.7||0.8||%||7.8||%|
|Unexercised stock plan customer holdings (vested)||31.0||31.9||37.1||(2.8||)%||(16.4||)%|
|Savings, checking and other banking customer assets||5.2||5.2||5.4||0.0||%||(3.7||)%|
|Total customer assets||$||299.9||$||298.8||$||287.2||0.4||%||4.4||%|
|Net new brokerage assets(2)||$||0.9||$||0.3||$||1.4||N.M.||N.M.|
|Net new banking assets(2)||—||—||(0.1||)||N.M.||N.M.|
|Net new customer assets(2)||$||0.9||$||0.3||$||1.3||N.M.||N.M.|
|Brokerage related cash||$||46.2||$||45.0||$||40.9||2.7||%||13.0||%|
|Other customer cash and deposits||5.2||5.2||5.4||0.0||%||(3.7||)%|
|Total customer cash and deposits||$||51.4||$||50.2||$||46.3||2.4||%||11.0||%|
|Customer net (buy) / sell activity||$||0.4||$||2.0||$||(1.3||)||N.M.||N.M.|
(1) Customer assets held by third parties are held outside E*TRADE Financial and include money market funds and sweep deposit accounts at unaffiliated financial institutions.
(2) Net new customer assets are total inflows to all new and existing customer accounts less total outflows from all closed and existing customer accounts. The net new banking assets and net new brokerage assets metrics treat asset flows between E*TRADE entities in the same manner as unrelated third party accounts.
Historical metrics and financials can be found on E*TRADE Financial's corporate website at https://about.etrade.com.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- E*TRADE Financial (ETFC) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c
- Whole Foods Market (WFM) Says It's Cooperating Fully with Detroit Health Department Following Case of Hepatitis A
- SunEdison (SUNEQ) Approved to Sell Solar Materials Business to GCL-Poly Energy - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Related EntitiesFDIC, SIPC
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!