Duke Energy (DUK) Announces Completion of Piedmont Natural Gas Acquisition
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/2: (ASNA) (HTBX) (REPH) Higher; (PLX) (MEMP) (DRYS) Lower
- Bond yields fall on U.S. jobs data, euro flat before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Duke Energy has completed its acquisition of Piedmont Natural Gas, closing the transaction effective today.
Piedmont will retain its name and operate as a business unit of Duke Energy. Both companies are headquartered in Charlotte.
The acquisition will add Piedmont's 1 million natural gas customers to Duke Energy's existing customer base of 525,000 natural gas customers and 7.4 million electric customers.
"Uniting Duke Energy with Piedmont Natural Gas is a powerful combination for our customers and the communities we serve," said Lynn Good, chairman, president and CEO of Duke Energy.
Customers can continue to do business with both Piedmont and Duke Energy in the same way they have in the past. For example, there will be no immediate changes in customer service phone numbers, billing options or service request procedures.
Internally, Duke Energy will be working to integrate Piedmont's corporate functions – such as accounting, human resources and information technology – into Duke Energy's structure.
The North Carolina Utilities Commission last week approved the acquisition – the final regulatory ruling needed to complete the transaction.
The Tennessee Regulatory Authority and Piedmont's shareholders previously approved the transaction, and the United States Federal Trade Commission has already granted early termination of the waiting period under the federal Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act.
Click here for more information on the North Carolina Utilities Commission's recent approval of Duke Energy's acquisition of Piedmont Natural Gas and its customer benefits.
Click here for a fact sheet about Piedmont Natural Gas.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Franklin Street Properties (FSP) Acquires Denver-Located Dominion Towers
- Accenture (ACN) Announces Completion of DPS Acquisition
- PowerShares Provides Estimated Capital Gains Information for 2016
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesTwitter, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!