DuPont (DD), Dow (DOW) Affirm EC Initiation of Phase 2 Review
- Earnings lift S&P to two-week high; M&A supports
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/24: (UNIS) (MBVT) (ACCO) Higher; (TDW) (INO) (BCC) Lower
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
DuPont (NYSE: DD) and The Dow Chemical Company (NYSE: DOW) confirmed that the European Commission (EC) has initiated a Phase II review for the proposed merger of equals transaction of the two companies. As stated previously, the companies expected a thorough review and are working closely with relevant regulators, including the EC. The companies continue to believe the merger is procompetitive and good for customers and consumers.
The Phase II review is a common next step in the review process for a transaction of this size and scope under EU Merger Regulation. Under this regulation, Phase II generally provides the Commission with 90 working days to review the pending transaction. Dow and DuPont will continue to work constructively with the Commission to address their concerns and to obtain clearance for the merger, which we are confident will be achieved.
On June 22, DuPont and Dow began the formal process to obtain merger approval from the European Commission by submitting the required filing to obtain regulatory clearance in connection with the proposed merger of equals. Dow and DuPont continue to expect the transaction to close by year-end 2016, subject to satisfaction of customary closing conditions, including receipt of regulatory approvals.
Additional information is available at www.dowdupontunlockingvalue.com.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) Won't Bid for Viacom (VIAB)
- Community Bank System (CBU) to Acquire Merchants Bancshares (MBVT) in ~$304M Deal
- Access National (ANCX) to Acquire Middleburg Financial (MBRG) in ~$233M Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!