DryShips (DRYS) Offers Bank Update; Says Co. Controlled by Chairman Economou Became Lender of Record
- Oil steadies on doubts output cut will end global glut
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Dollar edges up vs yen as traders eye ECB meeting for cues
- Mondelez Int'l (MDLZ) Seen as Kraft Heinz's (KHC) Next Logical Takeover Target - Credit Suisse
- Foxconn says in preliminary discussions to expand U.S. operations
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
DryShips Inc. (Nasdaq: DRYS) announced that a company controlled by Mr. George Economou, our Chairman and CEO has become the lender of record under its $85.1 million Syndicated Loan previously arranged by HSH Nordbank. Following this transaction, entities affiliated by Mr. George Economou control the vast majority of our debt outstanding with total aggregate principal amount outstanding of $154.5 million. The remaining debt, of $16.5 million is associated with third party commercial lenders with which we have either reached or are in discussions to reach, an amicable settlement.
Mr. Anthony Kandylidis, Executive Vice President and interim CFO commented:
"We are very excited by the commitment shown by Mr. George Economou to assist DryShips in its efforts to reach an agreement with its financing banks. With more than 90% of our debt now in the hands of our founder, it is safe to conclude that the Company is no longer in any danger from its lenders exercising any of their rights under the Company's existing defaults under their respective loan agreements. We are already in discussions with Mr. Economou to amend the Company's debt and regain compliance. In that respect, we hope to be in a position to announce further positive developments in the near future."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Anthera Pharma (ANTH) Appoints New CEO; Other Exec Changes Announced
- Heritage-Crystal Clean (HCCI) CEO, Founder Chalhoub to Retire
- Allstate (ALL) Appoints New CIO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Management Comments, Momentum Movers
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!