DryShips (DRYS) Offers Bank Update; Says Co. Controlled by Chairman Economou Became Lender of Record
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
DryShips Inc. (Nasdaq: DRYS) announced that a company controlled by Mr. George Economou, our Chairman and CEO has become the lender of record under its $85.1 million Syndicated Loan previously arranged by HSH Nordbank. Following this transaction, entities affiliated by Mr. George Economou control the vast majority of our debt outstanding with total aggregate principal amount outstanding of $154.5 million. The remaining debt, of $16.5 million is associated with third party commercial lenders with which we have either reached or are in discussions to reach, an amicable settlement.
Mr. Anthony Kandylidis, Executive Vice President and interim CFO commented:
"We are very excited by the commitment shown by Mr. George Economou to assist DryShips in its efforts to reach an agreement with its financing banks. With more than 90% of our debt now in the hands of our founder, it is safe to conclude that the Company is no longer in any danger from its lenders exercising any of their rights under the Company's existing defaults under their respective loan agreements. We are already in discussions with Mr. Economou to amend the Company's debt and regain compliance. In that respect, we hope to be in a position to announce further positive developments in the near future."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: DryShips (DRYS) Insider Buys 100K Shares
- bluebird bio (BLUE) Names New COO and New SVP of Europe
- Sears Holdings (SHLD) Director Mnuchin Resigns Amid Trump Nod
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Management Comments, Momentum Movers
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!