DryShips (DRYS) Enters Agreement with Sifnos on $8.75M of Revolver; Sells Vessel
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
DryShips Inc. (Nasdaq: DRYS) announced that it has reached an agreement with Sifnos Shareholders Inc. ("Sifnos") to convert $8.75 million of outstanding principal amount under the previously announced Secured Revolving Facility Agreement ("Revolver") to 3.5 million preferred shares. Each preferred share will have 100,000 votes. In addition, Sifnos has agreed to provide a 90 day waiver of any defaults under its Revolver.
Sifnos is a company controlled by our Chairman and CEO, Mr. George Economou and the transaction was approved by the Company's independent members of the board. A fairness opinion was obtained in connection with this transaction.
On September 9, 2016, the Company delivered to its new owners the MV Coronado for a gross price of $4.25 million. All of the net proceeds from the sale were used to pay down the relevant loan facility.
Anthony Kandylidis, Executive Vice President and interim CFO of the Company, commented:
"We are pleased to see our founding shareholder actively supporting the company in a way that is not dilutive to the rest of our shareholders. As we continue our discussions with our lenders, we hope that they will now also make the necessary compromises to restructure the Company's debt to more sustainable levels."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- DryShips (DRYS) Acquires Its First VLGC With 5 Year Time Charter Attached to Oil Major
- Atmos Energy (ATO) Appoints Christopher Forsythe to CFO
- Interpace Diagnostics (IDXG) Enters Pact With Israeli Specialty Services Provider Best Med
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Spinoffs
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!