DragonWave's (DRWI) Microwave Backhaul Equipment Selected by Sprint (S) for Densification, Optimization Strategy
- Wall Street gains, helped by oil, economic data
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/5: (NVCN) (BCEI) (MEMP) Higher; (GTXI) (CERC) (HDSN) Lower
- Oil hits 16-month high in buying rush after OPEC agreement
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
DragonWave was selected for the combination of its dual channel capability and industry leading system gain, as well as its advanced network security capabilities. DragonWave's microwave backhaul equipment will be used as part of Sprint's strategy to significantly densify its network through the deployment of small cells and other solutions, with the goal of further improving network performance and the customer experience. Densification enables Sprint to keep pace with the growing demand for data and provide customers with more capacity and faster data speeds in targeted high-traffic locations.
"We look forward to continuing our work with DragonWave as part of our densification and optimization strategy," said Gunther Ottendorfer, COO of Technology at Sprint. "Microwave backhaul is a cost-efficient, reliable alternative when used in the right ring structures, and it's a key part of the extension of our overall toolkit as we work to provide customers with more consistent coverage, better reliability, and even faster data speeds."
"DragonWave is pleased to extend our relationship with Sprint, and we know that we can bring unique performance advantages that can be leveraged in its network densification efforts," said Peter Allen, President & CEO, DragonWave. "We look forward to supporting Sprint's growth and expansion by delivering on our commitment to provide unmatched product performance, reliability and support."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- General Mills (GIS) to Form New Organizational Structure; Will Focus on Four Business Groups
- Cytori Therapeutics (CYTX) Says Review of Three-Year Follow-up Data from SCLERADEC I Trial Shows Sustained Benefit
- Under Armour (UA) Becomes Uniform Provider for MLB
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Management Comments, Trader Talk, Trading Halts
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!