DragonWave's (DRWI) Harmony Radio, Hub 800 Products Selected by Leading Australian Telecom
- Major stock indexes rise again to new records
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
- Insys Therapeutics (INSY) Sinks as Former Employees Arrested in Racketeering Scheme
- Lower for longer, ECB scales back asset buys
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
DragonWave Inc. (Nasdaq: DRWI) announced Australia's leading telecommunications and information services company is deploying DragonWave Harmony Radio links and Hub 800 adaptable, multi-service nodal switches as part of an ongoing upgrade to its mission critical services network. DragonWave is working directly with its local partner, CommTel Network Solutions, to supply higher modulated Ethernet radios, bringing increased capacity, reliability and enhanced Ethernet capabilities.
"DragonWave has demonstrated an economical and highly reliable solution that allows Australia's leading telecommunications provider to pursue a network upgrade that will support mission critical communications today and for the future," said Robert Green, CEO, CommTel Network Solutions Pty Ltd. "The Harmony radio solution allows them to easily swap out older radios without extensive rework to cabling, and establishes a scalable network solution with features that can support future network evolution."
DragonWave's Harmony Radio offers the industry's only software-selectable evolution from hybrid to all-IP packet networks, enabling a simple migration path from TDM to all-IP backhaul with true "zero-touch" on the existing hardware. The Harmony Hub 800 is a compact indoor unit that provides maximum flexibility for 2G, 3G and LTE traffic aggregation, incorporating 16 Gbps switching capacity and support for up to 12 radio directions in a single unit.
"The DragonWave solution based upon the Harmony and Harmony Hub 800 offers operators a proven and cost-effective means to upgrade critical communication networks with unmatched reliability and performance," said Peter Allen, DragonWave President and CEO. "Being selected by Australia's leading operator underscores the ability of the Harmony radios to meet this all-important critical communications market, and we look forward to supporting the network initiative."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Valeant Pharma (VRX) Announces Positive Results from IDP-118 Phase 3 as Psoriasis Treatment
- Perrigo (PRGO) to Restructure BCH Omega Pharma Belgium Business; Will Terminate EuroGenerics Agreement
- U.S. Steel (X) Issues Clarification on Comments Made by CEO Longhi; Says Worker Recall Refers to Entire Industry
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Management Comments, Momentum Movers
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!