Douglas Emmett (DEI) Acquires Class 'A' Office Building in Santa Monica for $139.5M
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields fall on U.S. jobs data, euro flat before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
- Mnuchin Wants Fannie (FNMA)/Freddie (FMCC) Out of Government Hands, But Stocks Grossly Overvalued - Keefe, Bruyette & Woods
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Douglas Emmett, Inc. (NYSE : DEI) announced the acquisition of 233 Wilshire Boulevard, a 129,000 square foot Class "A" office property for $139.5 million. The 94% leased property is located at the entrance to the Santa Monica Third Street Promenade, and features panoramic views of the Santa Monica Bay and Coastline.
The property will be held by an existing consolidated joint venture with institutional investors including Qatar Investment Authority (QIA). That joint venture, which also acquired 12100 Wilshire Boulevard in July, borrowed $56 million for the purchase under a secured, non-recourse interest only loan that matures in July 2019 and bears interest at Libor plus 1.55%.
Concurrent with the purchase of the property, Douglas Emmett reduced its capital interest in the consolidated joint venture to 20% through the planned sale of a portion of its interest to another sovereign wealth fund investor.
These transactions did not affect the separate consolidated joint venture that acquired four buildings in Westwood in February 2016 and in which Douglas Emmett currently holds a 30% capital interest.
Douglas Emmett's total office portfolio now consists of 67 office properties totaling approximately 17.6 million square feet. Douglas Emmett also owns ten premier apartment communities in Los Angeles and Honolulu comprising 3,336 units.
For QIA, this acquisition represents another step in its plans to significantly expand its US investment portfolio, and follows other large investments in real estate, such as the Manhattan west project in New York City last year, the acquisition of the Westwood Office portfolio with Douglas Emmett earlier this year, and the recent acquisition of a 9.9% interest in Empire State Realty Trust. In 2015, QIA announced plans to invest $35 billion in North America over five years.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pandora (P) Advisers Said to Begin Reaching Out to Possible Suitors Following Approach from Sirius (SIRI) - Bloomberg
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Ziegler Closes $67.610 Million Brazos Presbyterian Homes Financing
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!