Domtar (UFS) to Acquire Home Delivery Incontinent Supplies in ~$55M Deal
- Wall St. lower as earnings from some big names disappoint
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/25: (SAEX) (CWEI) (SWFT) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (UA) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Domtar Corporation (NYSE: UFS) announced that it had agreed to purchase the privately-held Home Delivery Incontinent Supplies Co. (“HDIS”), a leading, national direct-to-consumer provider of adult incontinence and related products for a total cash consideration of $45 million with a possible earn-out payment of up to $10 million. The closing of the transaction is expected by year-end, subject to customary closing conditions.
“Direct-to-consumer engagement and interaction is growing, and provides unique consumer and customer insights that are critical to continuously improve the value of our offering,” said Michael Fagan, President, Domtar Personal Care division. “Adding HDIS’s successful high-touch service model and capabilities supports our Personal Care growth strategy.”
“We found in Domtar Personal Care shared values of treating customers and employees like family,” said Dawn Grench, founder and owner of HDIS. “I look forward to watching the continued growth and success of the business.”
Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Olivette, Missouri, HDIS provides customers with high-quality products and a personalized service for all of their incontinence needs. The Company has total revenues of approximately $65 million, operates a 200,000 square foot distribution center in Olivette, Missouri, as well as two retail locations, in Texarkana, Arkansas and Daytona Beach, Florida and employs approximately 240 people.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Concordia International (CXRX) Says It's Part of Inquiry by UK's CMA
- Lexicon Pharma (LXRX) Announces Sotagliflozin Phase 2 Met Primary Endpoint in T2D
- Portola Pharma (PTLA) Announces Submission of NDA for Betrixaban for Extended Duration Prophylaxis of VTE
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!